twenty

✧

It had been a crazy couple of weeks, to say the least. Liv had kept her best friend updated on all things regarding her life and sometimes...Jordan. She told her all about family therapy and how her parents probably weren't going to get back together.

Then there was Spencer James, he and Luna were pretty close, considering wherever Liv was, Luna was right beside her. So naturally, he gravitated to the other brunette as well. And when she heard the news of his father's passing, she was absolutely devastated. She knew how much it meant to him for his dad to come back and they sort of related to each other when it came to their dad's.

Luna did the only thing she could think of when she heard the news; paint. She painted and then she ended up driving over to James's house and walking up to their doorstep, completely unannounced. She brought her fist up, knocking softly on the door as she attempted to juggle the canvas in her hand along with the rest of her personal items.

Grace swung the door open, completely taken aback at her appearance but nonetheless, she smiled at her. "Luna, hey, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here for Spencer," she shrugged. "Is he here by any chance?"

Grace was still confused but she opened the door wider, allowing for her to come in. "Yeah, come on in."

Spencer emerged from the kitchen, doing a double-take once he spotted Luna in his living room because that girl had not been to Crenshaw since the godforsaken cookout Jordan had forced her to go to.

"Luna?" he raised his eyebrow. "Everything a'ight?"

She shrugged. "Yeah...I just wanted to check on you considering your dad and all of that..." she outstretched her hand, handing over the painting. "And after you told me what happened, I did the only thing I know how to do."

"You painted," Spencer smiled softly, running his hands over the canvas. "This is...dope. How...how'd you do this?"

"Just a simple google search of South Crenshaw's field and then I sketched it out," she slid her hands into her back pockets. "Then I managed to get ahold of a picture of you two and...I sketched it onto the canvas."

Spencer shook his head as his eyes got slightly watery due to the sentimental painting. He couldn't possibly fathom the thought of a girl he had only known for such a short amount of time to actually paint him and his father in a place that meant a lot to both of them.

"Thank you," Spencer nodded. "This means...a lot. I'm gonna hang it in my room."

"So, how are you guys holding up," she raised her eyebrow. "And don't lie to me, Spencer James."

"It's been a little hard," Spencer shrugged, setting the painting down. "But, we handlin' it."

She nodded softly, turning her attention to Dillon and Darnell who emerged from the kitchen along with Grace who stepped out to give the two some privacy.

"Luna!" Dillon grinned. "Did you come to take me to your mansion?

"No, I just came to check on Spence," she giggled. "Sorry, Dillon."

"Hey, I don't think we've met," Darnell stuck his hand out. "I'm Darnell."

She returned the gesture, shamelessly eyeing him up and down. "I'm Luna. Spence and I go to school together."

"Beverly, huh?" Darnell quirked his eyebrow, checking her out as well. "Makes sense."

"Yeah, she goes to Beverly," Spencer stepped in. "She's dating the quarterback."

Luna frowned at his comment. "I should head out. But, it was nice to see all of you."

♡♡♡

Jordan drove up to Luna's driveway, nervously tapping his fingers against the steering wheel. He knew he should've waited for her to contact him first but he couldn't help it, he needed to see her and he needed to talk to her. He stepped out of the car, nervously adjusting his clothes as he stepped onto her doorstep.

Luna swung the door open and immediately tried to close it but was stopped when Jordan put his hand up to prevent her from closing it.

"No," she deadpanned. "You should not be here."

"It's not my baby," Jordan blurted out, hoping that would help cool the situation.

She opened the door wider and glanced at him. "What?"

"It's not mine. She lied to me. Let me come in and explain everything to you," he begged. "Please, just let me explain."

"My parents aren't home," she sighed, gesturing for him to come inside. "We can talk in the living room."

"Simone and I did hook up," he revealed, grabbing her hand off of her lap and softly rubbing her knuckles. "But, it was before you and I officially got together. I'm sorry, for not telling you and for putting you in an awful situation that night."

"So, you two hooked up when I was in Italy?" she asked for clarification. "After I had just said no to being your girlfriend?"

"I guess...Yeah, I did," he fessed up. "There's no, I guess. I did hook up with her."

She ripped her hand out of his grasp and sighed. "Were there any other girls or was it just Simone?"

"When I got back from Tahoe, there were some parties that I went to and I'm not going to lie to you," Jordan pinched his eyes shut. "Yes, there were a couple of other girls."

"Wow..."

"You asked me for the truth," he argued. "And I'm here telling you everything."

"No, Jordan, don't. I-I can't even look at you. The only person I could think of while I was away was you!" she stressed. "I never thought about anyone else and you're telling me you hooked up with all these other girls. I get it, we weren't officially together but, I told you that when I come back I would be ready to be your girlfriend. I can't...I can't be with someone I can't trust."

"Trust?" he raised his voice. "I'm sitting here telling you the truth! And you're telling me you can't trust me. Are you serious?"

"You're telling me the truth after a girl just lied about being pregnant with your baby," she retorted. "If this whole situation with Simone never happened. Would you tell me the truth? Be honest with me!"

"No," he whispered.

"Great, I'm glad you're able to tell me the truth about that," Luna scoffed, pushing herself off of the couch. "Now, get out. We're done."

"Luna, come on, we can make this work," Jordan begged.

"No, Jordan, I don't think we can," Luna sighed. "You can let yourself out."

2x08