thirty-six

✧

Luna sat at the kitchen island, dipping her spoon into the bowl of cereal, occasionally sipping on the glass of orange juice that was placed right beside her. Her morning was off to a normal start, her mom was off at work, Peter was at home as per usual, except for the alarming message she received from her boyfriend about the small accident Olivia and Spencer were in the night before, but he told her that they were fine and there was no need to rush over to the house or anything.

"What do you think about doing family dinners?" Peter broke the silence, looking up from his phone. "We can invite Harold and Asher."

"Sounds...fun?" she tried to be enthused. "But, mom's always at work and I really don't want to be surrounded by men. No offense."

"You'll be there and that's final," Peter pressed a small kiss to her forehead. "We can start tonight. Mom's off, and Harold was supposed to come over, anyway. Why not invite Ash?"

"Except I can't come," Luna cringed. "I have another dinner to attend."

"Whose?" he questioned.

"My other family," she grinned, widely. "Jordan invited me to the Baker's, tonight."

"Sounds very serious," Peter raised his eyebrow suspiciously. "Now, that you two are back together. I think it's time Jordan and I have a chat."

"As long as you don't kill him," Luna sighed. "Then go for it. But, I have to get to school. Bye, Peter!"

Peter shook his head, glancing at the mess she had left in the kitchen, reluctantly cleaning after her. While Luna made her way out to the garage and got into her car, making her way over to the school. She made it to school within 5 minutes and wandered over to where her boyfriend was waiting for her with a smile on his face.

Luna skipped over to the boy, dropping down on his lap, and kissed his cheek. "Hey, boyfriend."

Jordan gently squeezed her hip. "Hey, sweetheart."

Her heart fluttered at the name. "I missed that name. It does not sound good out of anyone else's mouth."

"Because it's my name for you," Jordan scolded. "I really hope that stupid Malibu/Westlake boy wasn't calling you that."

"Ew," she turned her nose up. "You are annoying."

He rolled his eyes. "So, you're definitely coming to family dinner tonight?"

"If you want still want me there," she nodded. "Or I can attend a family dinner at my house. Since apparently, Peter wants to start doing those."

"Well, tell your stepdad that you're sorry but you'll be too busy with your second family," he teased. "And, of course, I still want you there. We all do. My mom even bought those cookies you love."