thirty

✧

Layla strolled over to Luna's locker with a grin on her face as she approached the girl, slamming her locker in her face. Causing an immediate reaction out of the Ramirez girl who spun around so fast, glaring at her.

"My fingers!" she shrieked. "They were this close to being slammed in the door, Layla!"

"I'm sorry!" Layla widened her eyes at her mistake. "I'm just really happy to see you. My favorite girl!"

Luna stared suspiciously at her, they were never the type of friends to greet each other like that.

"What did you do, Layla?"

"I didn't do anything," Layla gasped. "But, I may or may not need..." she pinched her fingers together and smiled. "A tiny favor."

"I won't kiss you again," she denied. "You have a boyfriend and he is one of my best friends."

"But, you'd do just about anything for your best friends, right?" Layla clasped her hands together.

"It depends," she crossed her arms against her chest. "What do you want, Layla?"

"I'm not sure if you're aware or not but Spencer and Jordan are not speaking to each other," Layla sighed. "And Spencer's really struggling with his new team over at South Crenshaw and with him moving out of the Baker's. Things are rough for him."

"Okay," she shrugged. "What does this have to do with me?"

"He needs Jordan," Layla blurted out. "I'm sure Jordan misses him just as much as Spencer does. So, what I was thinking—"

Luna caught on, immediately shaking her head no. "Absolutely not. I will not get in the middle of this."

"Spencer is your best friend," Layla guilt-tripped her. "Sure, things between you and Jordan are very complicated and none us of know what's going on. But, please, just help me out, here?"

"Fine," she gave in. "What do you need me to do?"

"Get Jordan to come to the cafe tonight," Layla smiled. "Spencer and I will already be there on a pre-planned date. All I need from you is to get Jordan there and hopefully he and Spencer will talk."

Luna nodded in agreement gaining a squeal and a hug from Layla. As she thought about this whole elaborate plan to get Jordan and Spencer to speak, she couldn't help but think that it sounded like they would be going on a double date.

♡♡♡

Jordan swung the door open in annoyance, not wanting to continue listening to Asher and Liv go back and forth about the movie they were watching. What he was not expecting was to see his ex-girlfriend standing on the doorstep with her hands clasped behind her back.

"Liv's in the living room."

He jabbed his finger toward the living room, opening the door wider for her to step through. She passed through the threshold making her way into the house and stopping in the kitchen, turning to face Jordan.