twenty-one

✧

Luna sat on the edge of Olivia's bed, with her legs crossed and her chin in the palm of her hand while she waited for her friend to finish getting ready. Liv had somehow roped Luna into joining her in meeting Layla at the rehab center to talk. Which she was very hesitant on but she figured the reason why Layla had been so weird and a bit mean to her had to do with what she was going through.

Liv clapped her hands together. "You ready?"

"I've been ready," Luna sighed. "I was waiting on you."

"I didn't take that long," Liv scoffed. "Come on. Let's go!"

"Wait..." Luna stopped in her tracks, hearing footsteps outside of the room. "I'll just wait here for like 5 seconds."

Liv rolled her eyes and shook her head. "You can't ignore him forever."

Luna just shrugged her shoulders and remained in her friend's room for a bit longer, hoping not to run into Jordan. Once she felt as if the coast was clear, she grabbed her purse and threw it over her shoulder, and ran down the steps, stopping once she saw the door to Billy's former office still had the remnants of the baby's room set up.

It was no secret that the baby was not Jordan's but he still felt a sense of responsibility to Simone for some reason. And according to Liv, Jordan had been extremely helpful to Simone which was especially hurtful to Luna, but she would never admit that to anyone.

She shook her head, turned on her heel, and retreated over to the kitchen, running into basically the entire Baker family minus Mrs. Baker.

"Liv...you ready to go?"

"Yes!" Liv exclaimed. "Let's go. Bye, guys."

Luna waved. "Bye, Mr. Baker."

Jordan stared at her almost as if he was waiting for her to greet him or at least say something but she did not. In fact, she didn't even bother to spare him a single look as she walked past him and Billy and followed Liv over to her car.

"So..." Liv glanced over at Luna who was driving. "Are you gonna ignore Jordan forever? I know we got into an argument when I tried to get you guys to speak but seriously, Luna, you guys were friends before you dated."

"Jordan and I were barely friends," Luna scoffed. "But...it's definitely getting hard to avoid him considering you and I are best friends."

"Exactly!" Liv exclaimed. "So, you'll talk to him, right?"

"Or I could just get a new friend?" she suggested. "Sounds a whole lot better than talking to my ex-boyfriend."

Liv let out a scoff, nudging her friend's shoulder who had let out a groan, telling her that she needed to focus on the road and also demanding that she stop talking about Jordan. Which Olivia had agreed to, keeping her mouth shut the entire ride to the rehab center, not wanting to be the reason why they were fighting once again.