eighteen

✧

Luna strutted down the hallway, making her way over to Jordan's designated locker. Despite the events that had gone down the night before it was his and Liv's birthday after all and it's not like she could be upset with him considering the accident wasn't entirely his fault.

Luna crept up behind him, placing her hand over his eyes, and brushing her lips against his ear. "Guess who?"

"I hope it's my girlfriend," Jordan chuckled. "Or I'll have to kick your ass."

"Good job," she giggled. "You can turn around, now."

Jordan turned around, softly smiling at his girlfriend before eyes traveled onto the gift bag that was in her hand, and then his eyes turned wide. "You remembered? Ooh, what'd you get me?"

"Of course, I remembered yours and Liv's birthday," she rolled her eyes. "However, this is not for you. You will get your gift later. If your mom lets me in the house and doesn't hate me."

Jordan winced, slipping his arms around his girlfriend's waist and pulling her flush against his body. "Sorry for last night. I promise my mom doesn't hate you. She loves you. If anything she thinks I'm like, the worst influence on you. Do your parents hate me?"

"Peter's not too thrilled with you," she frowned. "My mom doesn't know yet. She was working an overnight shift and just got off like an hour ago and he didn't want to stress her out by immediately telling her what happened. So, I'll keep you updated on my mom."

Jordan let out a sigh, pressing his forehead against hers before gently kissing her lips. A soft grin graced both their faces as they engaged in a kiss by his locker.

Liv rushed up to them. "Okay, I'm still not talking to you for crashing my car, getting our phones taken, and birthday canceled—"

"And yet here you are, interrupting me and my girlfriend," Jordan sighed, exasperatedly.

Luna glanced at her friend. "Wait...are you mad at me?"

"No, of course not. I mean Peter offered to fix my car but, my mom said no," Liv waved her off. "But, this is serious. Have either of you heard from Spencer? He missed first period."

"I usually text him in the morning. But, he has not responded," Luna informed, waving her phone in the air and earning strange glances from the Baker twins. "What? It's not weird."

"Haven't heard from him," Jordan shrugged. "I still can't believe Corey ghosted again."

"Well, yeah, and with his Dad gone and the whole break-up with Layla," Liv sighed. "I mean, he's gonna need us to talk to."

Luna shook her head at her overbearing friend, obviously, she had heard about the failed intervention that she tried to pull with Layla. "Dude, I think you need to take a break from saving people."