thirty-eight

✧

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

It had been a couple of weeks since Olivia's relapse. Luna and Jordan had gone on their couple's getaway for the weekend and once they returned it had seemed like life had gone back to normal. Well...as normal as it possibly could.

Since they returned all anyone was talking about was homecoming. Luna couldn't say she was particularly excited for the homecoming dance. Dances never worked well in her favor so she decided to not go. However, once her boyfriend had taken over the morning announcements and created an elaborate homecoming proposal practically confessing his love for her in front of the entire school, there was no way she was turning him down.

She got ready by herself at home, Jordan and everyone else had made the decision that pictures would be taken at her house since her place was a bit more spacious. It was a bit strange not having Liv with her but she understood that she wouldn't be able to go headfirst into a huge dance after relapsing.

Despite not having her best friend by her side, the night wasn't entirely bad. JJ had won homecoming king and would not stop bragging about it. Jordan was incredibly clingy and Luna loved every minute of it. Asher was on his best behavior and stayed away from the liquor and microphones and Luna had even gotten to know Vanessa a little better.

Once the dance was over they all piled back into the limo and headed to the only place they only ever hung out at. Vanessa and Luna strayed a bit behind the boys too immersed in their conversation to keep up with how fast they were walking.

"Maybe I was wrong," Luna glanced over at her. "I definitely was too distracted by the whole Jordan and Simone drama to realize that you're actually a nice person."

Vanessa let out a gasp. "Was that a compliment from the Luna Ramirez?"

"Well, it seems like I'm gonna have to get used to you anyways," Luna grinned. "Asher seems to really like you."

"Asher and I are just friends," Vanessa rolled her eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you that?"

She shrugged. "Until I believe you."

"Yo, Ramirez!"

Luna turned around at the sound of her last name being called out. She turned on her heel, immediately getting a bad feeling once she saw Jake, Dane, and Cam walking in the direction of the cafe entrance.

She crossed her arms against her chest. "What do you want?"

Jake opened his mouth to speak. "We're just here to—"

"Start trouble?" Luna raised an eyebrow.

Dane stepped in. "It's not like that."

"We're just hungry," Cam eyed Vanessa. "I'm Cam, by the way."

She looked him up and down. "Vanessa."

"Hey, uh, where's your boyfriend?" Dane looked at Luna. "He playing house with Simone or does he get a break tonight?" he let out a condescending laugh making the other boys chuckle before his cocky demeanor fell. "How's, uh, Simone doing?"

toxic | j. baker¹जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें