three

✧

If it wasn't already obvious, Luna had major issues when it came to her father. Luis Ramirez was a very flakey, inconsiderate, and selfish man. The only time he set aside for Luna was always cut short by him making up some excuse or blatantly telling the girl that he just had to leave. Maria Adams was very used to this behavior from her baby father, she just wished her daughter didn't have to endure the issues that came with dealing with him.

Luna sat at the kitchen counter, her chin in the palm of her hand as her mother and stepfather glanced at her sympathetically. Her dad had promised he'd be there in the morning to see her off before school but yet again, he never showed, leaving her extremely disappointed.

"Why don't I take you to school?" Peter suggested.

"I'd rather walk to school," she deadpanned. "No offense, but I think I'll just take myself to school. Thanks for the offer though."

"Luna..." Maria raised her eyebrow.

Luna hopped off of the stool, picking her backpack off of the floor, and shrugged. "I said thanks. Goodbye."

She walked away, leaving the two adults alone, and headed straight for her car. After what should've been a 5-minute drive turned 15 due to her emotions stirring up in her stomach because of her father, she finally arrived at school and headed straight for her locker. Her phone buzzed in her back pocket and what she was hoping was an explanation from her dad was a mass text of a gif displaying Spencer fumbling a 40.

"Your cousin's an idiot." Jordan's voice sounded behind her.

"Not my cousin," she grimaced. "And yeah, Asher's been an idiot since we were two."

"I had to talk Spencer down from kicking his ass," Jordan commented.

Luna furrowed her eyebrows. "I think Asher could use a good ass-kicking. So...you just gonna stand in front of my locker and stare at me?"

Jordan glanced down at the floor, softly chuckling to himself. "Well, when the views this good, yes."

"Ew, that was cheesy," she groaned. "Why are you being weird?"

"I was just thinking about the night we hung out after my game," Jordan shrugged. "And I was hoping we could something like that, again. But, not if you don't want to!"

"No need to shout, I'm right in front of you," Luna held her hands up defensively. "But, about that the whole hanging out thing, I'll...I'll think about it."

"Think?" Jordan raised her eyebrows.

Luna let out a soft giggle, pointing up at the speakers in the school hallway as the bell rang. "Here's this, make some plans, and then I'll think about it. I've got to get to class."

"I'll call you!" Jordan blurted, immediately pursing his lips together once he realized she was nowhere in sight.

♡♡♡