five

✧

"Happy birthday!"

Luna grinned widely at Spencer throwing her arms around him which earned her stares from the other students in the hallway. After she received the e-vite from Mrs. Baker for his party, Luna had made it her mission to find him at school. They weren't exactly best friends, but clearly, he and Liv were close and so she found it fitting they'd become friends too.

"How did you know?" Spencer groaned, embracing her in a hug.

"Oh, Mrs. Baker sent out the e-vite to literally everyone," she shrugged. "She loves throwing parties."

"Well, thank you," Spencer chuckled. "I appreciate it, Luna."

"No problem, Spence," she grinned. "Now, I will see you later. I'm gonna try to find Liv."

Spencer gave her one last hug before Layla practically bulldozed her way in between the two. Luna just waved the Keating girl off and turned around in search of Liv who was hiding behind the staircase with Jordan and watching her with curious eyes.

"You and Spencer looked cozy," Jordan commented.

"Not as cozy as he and Layla," Liv scoffed.

Luna scrunched her face up at the Baker siblings. "Why do you two sound so...crazy?"

"No, we don't!" Liv argued.

"Whatever," Luna rolled her eyes, turning towards Jordan. "Got an excuse for why you weren't at the party the other night?"

"I've got a great one," Jordan nodded, slinging his arm around her shoulder. "Spencer is mine and Liv's brother."

"Wow, and you two just get crazier," she widened her eyes, pushing his arm off of her shoulder. "I guess...that's a pretty decent excuse."

"He's got a crazy-ass theory," Liv scoffed. "Don't listen to him. Also, Jordan, stop trying to steal my best friend!"

"It's not stealing if she wants me to be her best friend," Jordan smirked, motioning his hand between them. "And she clearly does."

"Oh, you wish," Luna stuck her tongue out at him. "I have to get to class. Goodbye!"

♡♡♡

Luna closed her car door, staring up at the decorations that had graced the exterior of the Baker house. She knew Mrs. Baker had a knack for parties but she also knew that Spencer was a very humble guy so she couldn't help and let out a laugh at how over the top the party was, which was something he probably wasn't used to.

"Coop!" Luna ran up to her, Dillon, and Ms. James who looked up at the house awestruck. "Hey, Ms. James, Dillon. It's nice to see you guys, again."

"I bet you got a crib like this," Coop bluntly stated. "Huh?"

"I live up the street," she pointed her finger in the direction of the hills. "Not too far from them."

Dillon raised his eyebrow up at the girl. "Think I can see your place one day?"

"Boy," Ms. James nudged him in the direction of the doorway. "Keep it pushin'. Luna, it's nice to see you. Imma have a word with this damn boy."

She bit down on her lower lip, attempting to suppress her laughter as they entered the house. She set down the gift on the table in the entryway before heading out to the back where everyone else was and immediately catching Jordan's attention.

His arm subtly slipped around her waist as she got closer to their group of friend's and he pulled her closer to his side, shooting her a cheeky grin.

"Hello to you too, Jordan," she teased, stepping on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "You don't look bad."

"If you're trying to say I look good..." Jordan grinned down at her. "Back at you."

Luna rolled her eyes, nudging the boy in the ribs. "I wasn't saying all of that."

Jordan checked his phone, glancing at the girl with sympathetic eyes. "Luna...I have to go back inside. It's my dad."

Luna waved him off, turning to the side as he attempted to embrace her in a hug. She eventually left the party considering Asher was having girlfriend drama, Jordan and Olivia were off having familial issues which somehow involved Spencer, and the only person left was JJ. Who she did not want to interact with, at all.

✧✧✧

liked by laylakeating and 1560 more

lunaramirez she's an artist or whatever🎨

jordanbaker so talented🤩

livbaker that's my best friend!

laylakeating our best friend🙄

spencerjames dope 🤯

→lunaramirez thanks, spence😌

asheradams wow, cousin so talented!

lunaramirez bestie vibes only!

asheradams 🙄🙄

01x05