nineteen

✧

News and gossip had always spread around Beverly Hills extremely quickly which Luna usually found extremely entertaining but not when she was the center of it. It also didn't help that Mrs. Baker and Luna's mother were best friends so when the Baker woman had heard the news of her son getting someone pregnant, her first instinct was to contact her best friend who was also the mom of her son's girlfriend.

Which caused a chain reaction, Peter had overheard this news, immediately running straight for his stepdaughter's room and trying his best to find out if she was pregnant or not. Which she was not. Instead, he found her crying her eyes out into the stuffed animal Jordan had won her on their second date, and from there, everything else was revealed. Luna had confided in her stepfather telling him that Jordan had knocked some girl up just weeks before they had officially gotten together.

So as days passed, she stopped crying her eyes out and instead channeled her frustrations into something else. Her art. She locked herself into her art room blasting an array of sad music and painting her little heart away as she attempted to get over what had happened between her and Jordan the night of the twin's birthday party.

Liv swung the door open to her friend's art room with Spencer hot on her heels, both of them had been concerned about how quiet she'd been lately. "Asher warned us it was crazy in here."

Luna dipped the brush in her hand into a large paint can and groaned. "Well, Asher needs to learn when to keep his big ass mouth shut."

"He's worried about you. We all are," Spencer spoke. "According to one of your teammates you haven't been to cheer practice. And I know that's true because I haven't seen you at practice either."

She turned to face them, with her arms crossed. "I'm fine, Mr. and Mrs. I fix people!"

"You don't seem fine!" Liv argued. "I mean you've been locked in here blasting all of Drake's saddest songs. That seems like the opposite of fine."

"What do I have to do to assure you guys that I'm fine?" she questioned.

"You can stop painting for one," Spencer negotiated. "And for two, you can come with us to the cafe, oh, and don't forget you have to cheer at the 7-on-7 game."

"I'll probably be benched," Luna shrugged. "Coach is a total hard-ass when it comes to missing practice."

"As long as you're there that's all that matters," Liv glanced at her paint-stained clothes. "Now, get dressed we're going to the cafe."

"Only to pick up food," Luna bargained. "I really want to finish this."

"Fine," Liv gave in. "But, only because the painting is...amazing!"

♡♡♡

Liv gave her friend a sheepish grin while Spencer took a couple of steps back, noticing Luna's menacing stare once they arrived at the cafe. This was obviously some sort of plan Liv had come up with to get Luna to talk to Jordan considering the team was having some type of celebration inside.