twenty-nine

✧

Perhaps lying to Jordan the night before summer vacation had started about hooking up with Jake Delgado was a bad idea and maybe Luna would be paying for her lies somewhere down the line. However, at the moment, was not when she would be paying for her lies. In fact, it was almost like something in her had practically told her to call him up and ask him to come over.

Luna laid flat on her back, clutching her bedsheets to her bare chest, and glanced at Jake. "That was the last time."

Jake reached under the sheets and traced his finger against the tattoo that hugged the side of her breast, softly smirking. "That's what you said after the jamboree."

She inhaled sharply, suppressing a moan. "Can we not talk about that night?"

"Why?" he asked. "Don't want your quarterback finding out you lied?"

"I didn't lie," she pursed her lips. "I just...withheld the truth."

"No, you lied and said you weren't in the best place," he chuckled, reciting what the girl had told him earlier. "Which was a total lie...I think that might've been the best sex we've ever had."

"You have a point," Luna turned on her side to face him.  "But, I'm serious, this was the last time. It's our senior year and I need to focus on my schoolwork, my art, and cheer."

He followed her actions, turning to face her on his side. "You keep telling yourself that, Ramirez."

"I'm being serious, Delgado," she narrowed her eyes at him. "No distractions."

"Friends it is," Jake sighed. "Plus, you and that quarterback guy are obviously going to get back together."

"Yeah, I don't think so," she bit down on her bottom lip. "He's a little occupied playing house, right now."

Jake let out a laugh, nodding his head in agreement. Despite her words earlier, she decided that the school year didn't officially start until the next day. So Luna did what she did best, she leaned in and pressed her lips against his. He immediately kissed back and then pulled away, telling her that he knew she would give in eventually.

♡♡♡

"I will never get over this relationship."

Luna scrunched her face up in detest, shooing Asher away from Liv and looping her arm through her best friend's. She let out a deep breath as they stepped through the hallways of Beverly on their first day of senior year. It was crazy for Luna to think that she and Liv had literally started every single school year together since they 7-years-old, and she was just hoping that this year would be free of drama.

"How do you think I felt when you were dating Jordan?" Liv groaned. "I had to try to sleep knowing that my best friend was next door with my twin. Blech!"

Luna swatted her shoulder playfully. "Don't be so dramatic, Liv. Is it just me or do the halls seem so empty now that Spencer is gone?"

She looked to the side hoping to spark some type of reaction from her friend but Liv had kept a stoic expression at the mention of his name. Before they could venture further down the halls they were stopped by Layla and a fairly shorter girl right beside her.

"Guys, hey," Layla smiled at them. "This is Vanessa Montes she's the new football coach's daughter. Olivia was the old football coach's daughter. And this is Luna, you can usually find these two attached at the hip."

"I still am," Liv chuckled. "He's not dead..." she stuck her hand out to Vanessa before pausing as she fully took in her appearance. "Wait, what are you doing, here?"

"I literally just told you," Layla chuckled. "She's starting school here. Unless you're not some jump street narc, are you?"

"Not that I know of," Vanessa chuckled.

Olivia blinked her eyes, clutching her water bottle to her chest. "Uh, I've got to get to class."

"Sorry. Olivia's normally pretty normal," Layla apologized. "Must be the whole coach's daughter thing. Um, speaking of which has your dad met the team? They can be tough, but I'm sure your dad's tough, too."

"He is," Vanessa smiled. "But, not as tough as my mom."

Vanessa then walked away, leaving Luna and Layla alone. The latter had turned to the former with a confused expression on her face due to everything that had gone on.

"Do you know why Olivia was so weird?"

Luna fiddled with her necklace, giving her a friend a shrug. "I might. But, I have to get to class. Bye, Layla!"

♡♡♡

Luna wrapped her hands around the edge of the countertop, lifting herself on top of it and staring across the kitchen at Asher whose face carried a guilty expression.

"Vanessa Montes, huh?" she tilted her head to the side. "I met her earlier."

Asher ran a hand down his face. "I never thought she would end up moving here, okay?

"I hate lying to Liv," she raised a perfectly arched eyebrow up at him. "So you better tell me the truth, Ash. Did you or did you not cheat on her?"

"Of course, not!" Asher exclaimed. "I would never cheat on her. Vanessa was a good friend to me this summer that's all."

"Does Liv know?" she asked.

"No," he shook his head. "I want to tell her. So, please, don't say anything, yet."

Luna nodded in agreement, biting down on her bottom lip at his request. Liv's behavior towards Vanessa earlier was a bit strange for someone who didn't know anything. But, on the other hand, Luna knew that Liv was also hiding secrets from summer herself. In fact, they all were.

"Fine," she held her hands up. "My lips are sealed."

"Anything you want to tell me about your summer?" Asher challenged.

Luna shook her head, crossing her arms against her chest. "It wasn't very eventful. Sorry, Ash."

✧✧✧

liked by darnellhayes and 1890 more

lunaramirez still posting pics from summer sorry!🌞🌴

jakedelgado99 🔥

livbaker loverrr🤩😍

    →lunaramirez 😘

asheradams i really hope my dad didn't take this😖

lunaramirez my mom did weirdo🙄

laylakeating 🤩🔥

jjparker that top's a little small😳

lunaramirez sorry?

3x02