forty-two

✧

Luna adjusted the blanket that was thrown over her body, slightly stirring in her sleep. She felt a presence near her and internally screamed once she realized Olivia was probably staring at her, waiting for her to wake up. This was usually how their sleepovers went, Luna was always the one who slept in while Liv woke up early and would practically watch her sleep and waited until she woke up.

"I can feel you staring."

"I'm bored," Olivia poked her cheek. "And we have school, soon."

A part of Luna had wished she didn't sleepover but since the incident with the policeman that had followed Liv the other day due to everything happening with the Tamika Pratt case, she just felt that her friend might need someone. Plus, Luna's parents were out of town and she never enjoyed staying in her huge empty house by herself.

She opened her eyes. "If I wake up will you stop poking me?"

"Yes!" Liv clapped her hands together. "Up, up!"

Luna rolled out of bed, glaring at her. "Dude...I'm gonna need you to tone it down. It's way too early to be that happy."

Olivia rolled her eyes, droning on about how it's never too early to be happy. But, Luna tuned her out as she dragged her items into the bathroom to get ready for the day. Once she was done getting ready, she peeked her head into her boyfriend's room and frowned once she realized he was gone.

"That's my shirt!" Liv pointed at her.

"Literally everything I'm wearing is straight from your closet," she admitted. "Sorry, not sorry."

She gaped her mouth open. "Dude!"

Luna shrugged innocently, applying her lip gloss. "Hey, uh, where's Jordan? He wasn't in his room."

"How should I know?" Liv threw her hands up. "You're the one dating him."

Luna picked up her backpack, slinging it over her shoulder. She threw her a glare as they stepped out of the room and ran down the steps.

"Oh, just in time," Billy smiled at them. "Cinnamon doughnuts for my favorite daughter."

"Ooh! What about me, Mr. B!" Luna held her hand out.

Billy handed her a Tupperware. "Cinnamon donuts for my second favorite daughter."

"That's what I like to hear," Luna grinned.

"You haven't made these in forever, Dad," Liv said. "What's the occasion?"

"It's a token of our appreciation," Billy said. "You've handled yourself with grace and maturity this entire week."

"Of course, I mean going to school in your PJs is pretty boss I'd do it again," Liv chuckled. "Have you guys seen my keys? I need to drive us to school."