forty-three

✧

Luna walked up to the Baker's doorstep with a tray of freshly baked cookies in her hand. She wasn't sure what prompted this whole girl's night or why she was invited in the first place, her relationship with Layla was just fine at the moment. If anyone needed to patch things up with the Keating girl it was Olivia but this was probably Liv's way of not wanting to exclude Luna in things.

Jordan swung the door open, his face softening at her. "Hey, sweetheart."

"Hey, babe," Luna grabbed the hand that was held out for her, stepping past the threshold. "How are you?"

"A lot better now that you're here." He pulled her closer to his side, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I missed you."

"This is why we're having a girl's night," Olivia interrupted their wholesome moment as they stepped foot into the kitchen. "You guys literally can't spend a day apart."

"We're in love and we need to be with each other 24/7," Jordan defended. "Tell her, Luna."

Luna pointed her finger at them. "Stop dragging me into your arguments."

"Whatever," Liv rolled her eyes. "What'd you bring?"

She held up the Tupperware, plopping down on a stool. "Cookies. Simple and easy. What'd you make?"

"Cheese puffs," Liv waved her hand over the tray. "You know, it's our..." she stopped talking once she noticed Jordan had attempted to grab a cheese puff. "Hey! This is for tonight. You better make yourself scarce."

"Okay," Jordan moved himself in between his girlfriend's legs. "Don't worry cool kids actually like going out on Friday nights."

Luna chuckled softly under her breath at the mention of his plans. "Dude, you're hanging out with Asher. How cool are you?"

"Okay, first of all, if I can't call you dude, then you can't either," he wagged his finger in her face. "Second, that was kind of hurtful."

"Cookie?" she offered the container of cookies to him. "Or kiss?"

"I'll take both," Jordan grabbed a couple of cookies, then leaned down to kiss her. "Man, I love you."

Luna grinned, patting his cheek affectionately. Mrs. Baker had shortly walked down the steps, causing Luna to push Jordan away from her because he was practically invading her personal space in front of his sister and his mother. She then turned towards Liv giving her a questioning stare as she pointed a finger in Laura's direction.

"So, mom," Liv cleared her throat. "You, uh, got any big plans for tonight?"

"Just sitting here," Laura continued scrolling through her laptop. "I'm trying to figure out the best way to put my legal services in low-income communities but it's harder than I thought. Or I could stay here with you, Luna, and Layla, take a night off, we could have a girl's night."