forty-four

✧

After her cheer practice had finished, Luna decided to keep working out.  She had run multiple laps around the track, running up and down the bleachers multiple times. All the while, her boyfriend was waiting right by the exit with his eyes watching every move she made, and unable to take his eyes off of her figure.

Once she felt satisfied with her workout, she grabbed her belongings and made her way over to her boyfriend who was waiting with his arms crossed against his chest.

"Remind me again?" Jordan glanced at her. "Why aren't you on the track team?"

"I hate running," she deadpanned.

Jordan took her duffle bag from her hands, slinging it over his shoulder. "Well, you're practically all legs, and you literally just ran 4 miles. After, you just finished your cheer practice. Just saying...the track team might want you."

"I've been stress eating, I ate an entire batch of cookies and I needed to run it off," she admitted. "Wait! You're cleared to play football right? Why are we even talking about me? We should be talking about you!"

"I'm all for this excitement, babe," Jordan sagged his shoulders. "But, it's not happening, Coach Montes is starting JJ, so if we lose—"

"You don't get to play," she realized. "Shit, Jordan, I'm sorry. Why does life have to suck so bad?"

"What's got you so stressed?" he questioned.

"I didn't really tell anyone this but I applied to NYU for art," Luna softly sighed. "But, I got rejected. Like, brutally rejected."

Jordan had tugged lightly on her wrist, stopping her from walking any further, and pulled her in for a tight hug. "I'm sorry, baby, those NYU assholes don't know what they're missing out on. Hey...let's do something this weekend?"

She shook her head. "Like, what?"

"We can explore some other art schools for you?" Jordan suggested. "It's your passion and I want to support you. What about—"

"No," Luna immediately denied. "I don't want to spend my weekend exploring art schools, Jordan. That sounds like the worst idea ever. I...I'll see you later."

She pulled out of his hold and walked away, leaving him confused.

"Hey, I'm your ride!" Jordan yelled. He threw his hands up in defeat once he realized that she was literally running away from him. "Running away from your problems won't help!"

♡♡♡

"So, did you get Patience's text invite for Friendsgiving?"

Luna glanced at Olivia with a hopeful smile. They grabbed their cups of coffee before searching for an open table in the cafe.

"You mean her mandatory summons?" Liv retorted. "Yes, it doesn't sound like passing is an option."