Chapter 2 The Legend Of The Floating Island Of The Void

"Hm... Cir-cle....? Huh, Never heard of it!" The block guy said. "Uh... who are you?" Roxas asked. "The name's Steve!" He said.

"Well, Steve, can you tell us where we are?"

"You're in Craftview! Well, that's what the sign says where I live," Steve said. "Craftview?" Sora asked. Steve nodded. "Uh-huh! I can take you there if you'd like! I'm sure Alex wouldn't mind,"

"Alex? Who's that?" Hayner asked.

"Just a friend of mine,"

Sora, Roxas, and Hayner walked with Steve, through what seemed to be a small forest. All of the trees were made of blocks. Even down to the leaves. "This game is very... strange," Hayner stated. "Yeah, it is," Roxas agreed.

They continued to walk until they ended up on a path. One path lead to a house that looked like it was built inside the side of a mountain, and one to a small town. "Wow... that house is in a mountain?" Roxas asked. "Oh yeah! I actually don't know who even lives there," Steve said. "Really?" Hayner asked. "Nope. Never seen anyone go in, or come out," Steve said. "Hey, Sora, what do you think off- Sora?"

Sora was up to the mountain home. "Sora, what are you doing?" Hayner called out. Sora looked behind him. "Guys, look at this-,"

Hayner sighed and walked up to him. "What is it Sora?"

Sora pointed to a small sign that was next to the door. The sign read: Mark's home

"Oh, this must belong to Mark or something," Roxas said. "He owns two houses? Dude must be rich," Hayner said. "I'm sorry, who now?" Steve asked.

It was really strange, how Steve is from the game dimension of this game they were in, but for some reason, the player would also exist in the same location. "Um, it's nothing."

"Is it this Mark guy that owns this house?" Steve asked looking up at the mountain. Sora shrugged. Sora didn't want to mess up any dimension stuff by saying something that probably should be left unsaid. "Well, ok then!" Steve said and turned around. "Alex's place is just over here!" He said walking into the town.

"Come on guys, let's follow him," Roxas said. "Rox, but what if the gem is inside the mountain home?"

Hayner nodded. "Didn't expect I'd agree with Sora on anything, but he's right,"

"Oh. Thanks a lot Hayner!" Sora snapped. Roxas sighed. "For now, let's just follow this Steve guy. At least we know where the mountain home is, so we can come back to it later," Roxas said. Sora and Hayner nodded. "Yeah, that seems like a plan," Sora said.

They had followed Steve into the town, which had what seemed to be a train station at the end of the stone road, a few buildings on either side, and a restaurant. "Wow!" Sora said. "Did Mark build all of this?"

"Mark?" Steve said. "You said that not too long ago,"

All of the Kingdom Hearts characters stopped. "Can you just learn to shut up Sora!" Hayner whispered an angry whisper at Sora.

"Is, he like some founder of this town or something?" Steve asked.

"Y-Yeah!" Roxas piped up. "He's the founder."

"Hm..." Steve said. "Well, I never knew about any founder. Come on, just down this road is where I and Alex stay at,"

They both took a turn down a path that lead to a huge tall wooden building that was probably around 5 floors high. Sora was impressed.

'Mark really did all of this by himself?' He thought to himself. Steve opened the main doors, walked through, and held them open for the Kingdom Hearts characters. "We stay on the second floor," Steve said.

They walked up the steps to the second floor, and Steve walked up to a door and knocked on it. "Who is it?" Someone asked. "Alex! It's me, Stev-" Then there was a loud crash coming inside the room. Sounded like pans dropping. "Oh crap!" They heard the person say inside.

"Alex! Are you alright!?"

"Yes, I'm fine!"

The door opened, revealing another block person. They were wearing a green shirt and had ginger hair. "Don't worry Steve, I just dropped all buckets- WHAT THE NETHER IS THAT?!" Alex screamed as she saw Sora.

"Hey!" Sora snapped. "I'm not a that! I'm a person!" Sora said. Alex looked over at Steve, who shrugged. "They say they're from another dimension! Like that sky one that showed up out of nowhere,"

"What? B-But.. why do they look.... weird?"

"Hey, to us you look weird too," Hayner said. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!" Alex yelled. Roxas sighed. "Guys, guys! Why are we fighting and we don't know each other?" He said. "Hey, she started it," Sora said.

"If you guys are from another dimension, why are you here? Are you looking for something?" Alex asked. Roxas nodded. "Yes, we actually are,"

"Is it a type of block? A type of ore? A gem?" She asked.

Sora nodded. "Yes! We are looking for a gem!"

"Well, there's a few gems here," Steve said. "We have emeralds. If that's what you're looking for. I have a chest full of him,"

"No, no, I mean... like a gem. A gem that represents your world," Sora said. Alex blinked, looking over at steve. "A gem that represents our world? I... don't think I've ever seen anything like that before," Alex said. Sora sighed. "You guys can come in. Sorry that the place is a bit messy. Steve was supposed to help me clean and he didn't,"

"Hey! It's not my fault I was busy! You gave me a wooden axe and expected me to chop down 20 trees,"

Sora and the rest followed them into the apartment. "We need to find that gem guys. No matter how hard it is," Roxas said. Hayner and Sora nodded. "I know," Hayner said. "We need to see how far we can travel around here. It could be in this city called 'Craftview'," Sora said.

"I've made some cake. You... three eat cake right?" Alex asked. "Oh! Yes! I love cake!" Sora exclaimed.

Alex smiled softly and brought a square cake to the table, that was on the far side of the apartment. Sora happily went over to it.

"Oh, Steve-" Alex said. "Yeah?" Steve asked. He was inside of a room. "Did you even go to the mine yesterday, as I asked?"

"Yeah, I did. Strange sounds were coming from it as you said,"

Sora was stuffing his face with some cake. "Strange sounds?" He said with his voice muffled. Alex nodded. "Yes. We've been hearing these strange sounds. And every time we hear them, we feel the ground shake,"

"The ground shakes?" Roxas asked. Steve nods. "There is a legend, called, "The Legend of The Floating Island of The Void" Deep below the ground, is a vast emptiness, of nothing. Nothing but one single floating island. The island is home to a giant dangerous dragon. Alex and I have a theory that the thumping sounds aren't overworldquakes, but the dragon hitting the bedrock to try and breakthrough,"

"Wow, that's some theory," Roxas said. "How do you know that... this "void" exists?" Roxas asked after. "It's in old history books. There used to be an old portal rim that could have reached there, but just like many legends, it was lost to time. The portal was never found. Sometimes I think that abandoned mine, that's far from the running one, leads to it, but the mines are deemed unsafe from falling gravel, So, as a result, no one has used it for years," Steve said. "Maybe we can help," Sora offered.