Chapter 36: The Holder Cannot Die

Cassidy got into a stance, arched her back, and pushed her arms forward. The glitching rabbit had materialized into a larger construct, resembling a giant purple glowing rabbit, made from those digital blocks that were all over the hallways. She used her powers to hold the digital monster back. Afton, who was beside her, was freaking out because he didn't know what to do.

"Cassidy, what should I do?!" He yelled.

Cassidy tried to focus all her strength to take out the problem they had, but with Afton screaming in her ear, made it hard for her to concentrate. "Just shut up!" She grunted as she applied more force to keep the glitch rabbit from attacking them. She made another shove, and the rabbit slammed into the wall, and all of the digital blocks exploded.

"Ahh!" Afton yelled, as he ducked down, once he saw all the blocks flying. Thankfully, none of the blocks hit any of them. Cassidy just stood there, not celebrating just yet. She sensed it wasn't over.

"Is it over?" Afton asked.

Cassidy was about to answer him, but one of the red digital blocks fell from the ceiling, and slammed into Afton's head, that resulted in him dropping to the ground. "Ouch!" Afton cried out, and he got knocked out.

Cassidy gasped at it since it was sudden. Then she facepalmed with a sigh. "Oh great..." She said. She knew she needed Afton, so she didn't want him hurt... only for that reason. "I have to drag him somewhere safe..." She mumbled. "I know that glitch rabbit isn't dead, I can't let it hurt Afton when he's what's needed to stop this cult," She hovered down to Afton's foot, grabbed it, and started to drag him away. "I'll just throw him over here," She wasn't being careful, and chucked the knocked-out Afton at the wall.

As soon as she did that, the blocks then started to hover, all around her. She quickly turned around to see it trying to materialize into the rabbit again.

She had to fight it again, so she got back in her stance.

The enemy lunged at her, she jumped out of the way. The blocks scattered. She balled her fists and looked behind her. She saw that the rabbit had fallen to the ground, and was trying to get back up. The digital blocks were starting to swarm again, trying to build back up. Cassidy took this chance, to do a shove with her powers, but she was weakened, and couldn't do enough. She was annoyed at all of this, then she decided to take it on by herself, with no powers. But then she noticed she couldn't touch it with her body at all.

The second her spirit body came in contact with it, she felt pain flash throughout herself. So when it made another jump attack at her, she realized she had to jump out of the way.

"I can't take this on," she mumbled to herself as she backed away from the digital creature. Her eyes darted over to Afton who was still knocked out. She was wondering if she needed him or not, but then, she saw that the creature had diverted its attention to her old, and current enemy. Cassidy's eyes widened, she was about to attack it, but she didn't get to it in time. It leaped at Afton.

"Oh crap!" Cassidy yelled out.

But, there was an explosion of light, Cassidy ducked down as the creature got sent flying into the air. She looked up, blinking at what just happened. The digital mess got badly hurt from getting near Afton.

That's when Cassidy realized this was Afton's time to shine. This is what he needed to do to put an end to it all.

She had to wake him up, but she had to do it quickly. She got off the floor and ran over to Afton. "Wake up!" She yelled. But he didn't open his eyes. "Open your eyes, you dummy!" She yelled, shaking Afton's body.

Cassidy heard a noise from behind her, she gasped, and looked behind her, and saw the digital rabbit getting up off the floor. It made a loud cry and started to charge at Cassidy.