Chapter 30 Nowhere To Run

Michael walked back out to his friends. He saw them all waiting in the office where Henry was waiting for him earlier.

"Oh, there he is!" Roxas said smiling. They were sitting on top of the desk.

The two other guys turned their heads in his direction. "You alright?" Sora asked. "You took a while to come back, is everything okay?" Sora was still very concerned for Michael.

"Yeah... Everything is fine," Michael said.

Sora looked at Roxas and Hayner. They all shared the same expression. Michael didn't seem fine at all. Sora wanted to help, so he went to say something-

But then Michael opened his mouth- "Sora, can I talk to you in private?" He asked.

Sora looked at his other friends, then back at Michael. "Yeah, sure," He said. He looked back at Roxad and Hayner, who just sat there on the desk. Sora sighed, then leaned his head to the door.

Roxas and Hayner got the message. "Oh! Right... we'll be back in a bit," Roxas said. He jumped down, took Hayner's hand, and took him out of the room.

Now that Sora and Michael were alone, Sora now could talk. "What's up? Is something the matter?"

Michael sighed, then looked at Sora. "Sometimes, my memories... go and come at times," Michael shook his head, feeling a little bit of dread. "It could be because I'm undead-,"

"Michael, stop saying that. You're not undead," Sora said placing his hand on Michael's shoulder.

Michael sighed. "Sora. I am. Logically I am. Yes, the remnant has healing abilities, but what happened to me was a tremendous bloody disaster. I'm still not fully recovered. I still can't even consume food for crying out loud," Michael shifted, to take Sora's hand off his shoulder.

Feeling a bit hurt, Sora removed his hand. He didn't want Michael to feel like this. He didn't want anyone he become friends with to feel like this at all.

Michael continued to talk. "Henry is going to burn the animatronics,"

Sora looked at him. "He is? What will that do?"

"He claims that it'll burn the remnant, and it'll free them," Michael said.

"Oh... I see," Sora said. But then he saw that Michael was staring at him. Sora tilted his head slightly, a little confused since it seemed like Michael was trying to make him understand something.

But then he gasped. "No... no no no, don't tell me you're thinking of that," Sora had figured it out, and he felt really bad for Michael. "You are not going to burn with them!" He yelled.

"But Sora, I have to,"

"You don't!"

"Sora, I've made up my mind! I literally have to! The heat will get rid of all the remnant, including the excess on me. If I stay alive, the souls can get attached to me, since they'll not have their own remnant anymore from the fire," Michael explained. "I can't let that happen. I have to burn too, or this will be for nothing,"

Sora wanted to say something, but couldn't. Deep down he knew Michael was right. But he didn't want it to happen. He shook his head. "Of all the worlds I've used to travel too, I never... I never experienced something like this,"

Michael took a long sigh. "I never traveled worlds, and I agree with everything you said. When I was a boy, if you told me this would happen to me, I'd laugh in your face," He rested his head on the desk.

Sora looked at him. "Michael, I can't stop you, if... If you think this is what you should do, go for it,"

"T-Thank you Sora," Michael spoke.