Chapter 17 It's All Just Gold

"Chris... Please tell us what that was-?" Hayner begged.

Chris was at the door. It seemed as if he wanted everyone to be quiet. But how can anyone be silent right now? Chris sighed, then looked back at them. "That was Bonnie. I don't exactly know what's been happening. I think I've been here... for hours. It's like it's a nightmare. It's just been repeating itself,"

Sora blinked. "A nightmare?" He asked.

Chris nodded. "There's a clock on my dresser. Every time it reaches 6 am, it resets. It did that 3 times,"

Sora walked over to the bed. Then looked at the clock. It read 1 am. "1 am? So... You have to sit here for over 6 hours?"

"6 hours of getting hunted by that... horrifying robot rabbit!?" Hayner yelled, but... a little bit too loudly.

Once that happened, there were audible stepping sounds, coming from the door on the right. Chris gasped and ran quietly over to it.

Sora, Roxas, and Hayner stayed quietly, as Chris slowly nudged the door open.

He glanced outside, then shined the light down the hallway.

He saw him gasp and shut the door.

"W-What is it?" Sora whispered loudly.

"Did you see it?!" Hayner asked after.

"It ducked behind the wall," Chris told them quietly. "It's... I think it's the chicken animatronic,"

Sora and all his friends looked at each other. "What is happening? What is this game?" Sora whispered to them, quietly so that Chris wouldn't hear them. Roxas shrugged his shoulders.

"It's clearly a horror game of some sort," he said.

"Why did Mark have to have a game like that," Hayner said after.

Sora looked over at Chris, who was looking down the hallway again. He looked back over at his friends. "The least we can do is help Chris. We have our weapons, he just has a flashlight,"

"But... We aren't really supposed to meddle in worlds," Roxas said after.

Sora rolled his eyes. "So? We helped Steve and Alex didn't we?"

"Well, yeah. But that was to just nudge them to do something they were going to do regardless. What if... what if Chris is meant to...," Roxas wanted to say, but couldn't bring it out.

Sora gasped. "Roxas, how could you think that?"

"Sora... We saw him get crushed by that robot. This is clearly his own hallucinations... This isn't even his room,"

Hayner didn't have much to add to the conversation, but when Roxas said that, "Yeah, maybe it is a hallucination... I could have sworn I saw his bed change into a hospital bed,"

Sora looked at Hayner, then grunted. "Geez, not you too. Why would that mean anything?" Sora just shook his head. "Whatever. We all know these worlds don't align with ours. For all we know, the "World Order" doesn't apply really. I'm going to help out whenever I can," Once he said that, he turned away from them, heading over to Chris. There was no changing his mind.

But once Sora reached the 5-year-old-

There was scratching at the left door.

The animatronic rabbit was trying to get into the room.