Chapter 20 The Ringleader

The torn-up rabbit came closer to the office. Its entire face was torn off, revealing the bare endo skull that is usually hidden behind a mask. Loose wires were dripping from the roof of it, and it was missing an arm. It was janky when it walked. At each step, it was vibrating and shaking, and twitching. This was one of the animatronics from that back room.

It stood there in the hallway.

"W-What should we do?" A worried Hayner asked.

"Just keep your hands on your masks," Michael said.

The flashlight that Michael was holding, flickered. It flashed, but then when it came back on, they saw that the animatronic ducked into a room.

Michael turned his head to the vent. "It's trying to get in through the vent," he said. "Get ready,"

There were loud metallic thumping, and grinding sounds coming from the left vent duct. Hayner held onto Roxas's arm, but then Roxas tried to back away from him because he was getting irritated with that.

Michael shined his light down the vent, and they all could see the faceless rabbit coming through.

"Now!" Michael whispered loudly.

They all quickly put the mascot's masks on.

Just in the nick of time.

The faceless, right-armless, animatronic rabbit, jankily walked over to Sora first. Sora tried his best to stay still, as it stared at him. You could see directly into its face. The bare endo skull was visible. Its eyes were red, signifying that something was wrong.

The robot was glitching, and twitching.

Probably because the bot is haunted, or that the robot is malfunctioning.

Or probably both.

Hayner was horrified. He was just squeezing onto Roxas's arm. But it was hurting him. At one point, it made Roxas cry out.

All it took was that one yelp.

The animatronic got alerted.

It twitched, as it turned around.

Hayner gasped and let go of Roxas.

No one had any time to react, as the Animatronic leaped off of the ground and jumped at Hayner.

"AHHH!" Hayner yelled as his giant robot, tackled him to the ground.

"Hayner!" Sora yelled.

Hayner tried to push the whithered animatronic off of him. Sora, was behind it, trying to pull it off.

In the process of doing this, Hayner's mask fell off.

But then something strange happened.

The robot froze.

It looked at Hayner, it's head tilted. The red eyes...

... Disappeared.

Hayner was still scared. "W-What's happening?" He asked.

The robot wasn't doing anything, it was just frozen in place.

Sora was still behind it, trying to pull it off of Hayner, but this was a really heavy robot. Michael tried helping, but it was difficult.

At one point, there was a mechanical sound coming from inside the animatronic.

"Huh? What was tha-"

The robot started to get up, but then after doing that, it threw off Sora and Michael from behind him, and they fell over. "Oof!" Sora grunted.