Chapter 6 Portals

The cave was dark. The mineshaft was getting more and more broken up the more they walked. Steve and Alex knew that the mineshaft was also mixed with another area. "This is the stronghold. The... portal is here, as so the legend says," Alex said looking at her surroundings. "Ugh... but we've been walking for a long time! And there hasn't been anything but a whole bunch of freaking mobs!" Steve said slouching as he was walking. "I'll have to agree with Steve. It has been a long time," Roxas responded. "What does this portal even look like?" Sora asked.

"We don't know," Alex said. "But, we'll know when we see it."

As they walked through the dark hallways of the stronghold, they passed by many locked cells. "What do you suppose these are for?" Hayner asked. Steve looked at them. "I don't know... they look like cells. But... there's nothing in there," He said. All of the cells along the hallway had iron doors. They were all locked, and no one could get in. But there was nothing of value inside, so Steve or Alex didn't try to break the blocks down. "This place.... seems scary-," Sora said. "You'll be alright Sora, I'm here," Roxas said.

"No, I'm not actually scared at all, but, it's still freaky."

"Yeah, a lot of bad stories of this place," Alex said. "Huh? Bad stories?"

"Yes," Steve said nodding. "This stronghold, which supposedly has the gateway to the island, the floating island beneath our overworld, was an escape for the old ancient builders."

"Oh, right. You said something like that," Sora said. "I wonder if they're still in the End-?" Alex asked.

They were walking some more, until they came by another set of a hallway.

"Hey, guys... what's that?"

"Huh? What?" Sora asked. Steve pointed down it, down to a light that was at the end. Alex and the rest stopped and walked back to them. She looked down the hallway. "It's probably just another Library. I think there's supposed to be more than one inside of the stronghold," She was about to walk off. "Hey, let's still walk down there, it doesn't hurt to look right?" Sora asked. Steve nodded. "He's right, let's go."

They both started to walk down the second set of the hallway, until they came into a room, that had a small staircase. It let up to something that looked like a rim, and right below it, was a pool of lava. "Be careful, all of you," Steve said. "Let us not get melted."

Sora looked up at the rim. "I-Is... that it? Did we find it?" He asked looking over at Steve. Steve walked up the small staircase, up to the top. He gasped as he saw it was a rim, with holders in them. Three of them had something inside. "....Holy Mother of....w-we... we actually found the portal?!"

"We did?!" Alex exclaimed. "But, you guys stay down there! Don't run up here, I don't want anyone accidentally falling into the lava," Steve said. "But, it isn't lit. There are holders in the portal rim. Only 3 squares have something in them. And I know what they are-," Laex said. Steve walked back down the steps.

"Holders?" Roxas asked. "What do they need? It's not lit?"

Steve shook his head. "No Roxas, it's not. They need this thing called the Eye of Ender-,"

"WHAT?!" Alex exclaimed. "The Eye of Ender?! But... that can only be crafted! No one sells those. We'd need to go to the Nether to get the Blaze Rods!"

Steve nodded. "And that we have to do..."

Sora was confused. He wished he played some more games with Mark when he was with him. 'Darn, I probably would be one step ahead of everyone-,' He thought to himself.

"The Nether?" Roxas asked. "It's this dimension, that's below our overworld. Below the void. It's this world that's this giant red cave, filled with monstrosities. Filled with lava, and heat, only the strongest, and bravest people have gone in there."

"Well, I'll go!" Sora exclaimed.

"I'll... stay here," Hayner said.

Sora looked over at Hayner. Sora was concerned. 'Why did Yen Sid send him with us? He has no weapons he can just get hurt-...' But, people usually never question Master Yen Sid, so he decided to go with it. 'Guess the best to do, is have him stay here,'

"Yeah, I think you should stay here while we go," Sora said.

"While we go? We don't even know where this... Nether place is," Roxas said.

"Oh, I have it... right in my inventory!" Steve said as he opened the panel, then he took out a couple of black blocks, and something that looked sharp, called 'Flint and Steel'

"Obsidian?" Roxas asked. Steve nodded as he walked over to a part of the room that contained the End Portal frame, and started to build a giant frame of the Obsidian. "Woah-," Sora said as the frame was done. He looked at Steve, and saw he was about to light a flame inside the frame, with the Flint and Steel.

Grooaaannnn

Sora gasped. "Guys! It's the zombies!" Sora quickly summoned his Keyblade. "You know what, on second thought, I'm coming with you guys-," Hayner said standing close to the portal. "Hurry up Steve! Light it!"

Alex yelled. Steve lit the portal, then a loud warping sound echoed out of the portal, as a purple vortex shined inside the frame. The zombies were getting closer. There was a hold hoard of them coming inside the room, with a few more of the other mods "Guys, get inside!" Steve yelled as he practically pushed everyone inside the portal, warping everyone to a new place.