Chapter 9 Wither Skeletons

Darkness. That's the power I got instead.

I need the light... to fulfill my plan..... Sora...

Roxas was lying on the ground. He slowly opened his eyes and groaned. He saw Hayner was on top of him, and he was knocked out. "Hayner? You ok?" Roxas put his hand on Hayner's cheek and softly rubbed it. Hayner woke up and looked at Roxas. "Rox? Ahh.. my head...." Hayner said, wincing. "Shhh... it's ok-," Roxas said as he softly rubbed Hayner's head.

They both heard a groan, looked to the left of them, then saw Steve, Alex, and Sora lying on the ground next to them.

"Guys!" Roxas and Hayner both yelled. Sora groaned as he sat up, and rubbed his head. "What... what the hell happened?"

"Dark dude happened, that's what," Hayner said. Sora rubbed his head. "All... I remember was... like my strength was draining from me..."

Roxas nodded. "Yeah, that's what was happening. I'm so glad you're ok-,"

Sora groaned. "Just bearly-" Sora sat up, rubbing his head. "Ugh... where are we?"

Everyone looked at their surroundings. There was something in the distance, a huge structure. It blended in with the red landscape. "Is that... a castle?" Roxas asked. Alex gasped. "That's no castle... it's the Fortress!" She exclaimed. "We landed right in front of one?" Steve asked.

Alex walked forward. "Come on, we gotta go there. We have to get those Blaze rods and get out of this place!"

Sora looked back at Hayner. Hayner seemed a little worried. "Hey, you ok?" He asked. "No... this... I'm not going to lie. This is terrifying. But-," He got out the bow and arrows that Steve gave him. "I'll try my best-"

Roxas smiled at him. "You sure you can use them?"

"Of course, I can! Well... I'll try..."

Roxas patted him on his shoulder.

Sora walked up to join Steve and Alex. He summoned his keyblade, once he met up with them. "Come on, let us go get those blazes"

****

All five of them were at the entrance to the Fortress. "Well... we're here-" Steve said.

The entrance of the Nether Fortress looked very dark. There was little to no lighting. The only light was the Nether itself, with the lava that is all around. "Come on, let's get this over with before that Dark Figure comes back," Roxas said. Sora and the rest nodded. "Let's go-," Sora said last, as they all entered the ominous Fortress. As they walked through it, Hayner was freaking out slightly. He could hear whispers and strange sounds. "AHH!" He yelled as he quickly turned around pointing his bow at nothing behind him.

"Hayner, you alright?" Roxas asked. Sora and the rest turned around, to see Hayner shaking, as he was holding up his bow at nothing.

Hayner shook his head. "Ah, sorry... thought I heard some-"

Just then, a block of the Fortress fell to the ground.

"WAHHHH?!" Hayner screeched as he grabbed Roxas and hugged him, dropping his bow and Arrow. Sora giggled, covering his mouth.

"Dude-..." Roxas said looking down at Hayner hugging him tightly. "What was that-?" Hayner said with an edge to his voice. "A block just fell-..." Roxas told him, turning around, to show Hayner the block. "O-oh..."

Hayner was still hugging on Roxas. "Hayner, you... can let go now-"

"O-oh! Sorry!" Hayner said as he quickly stopped grabbing onto Roxas with his face red. Roxas just softly giggled as he patted Hayner's head. "Just stay near me, we can both fight if something comes our way"

Steve walked over to the block that had fallen. "That's weird...." He said as he looked at the block.

"Huh? What's weird?" Sora asked.

"The block... it fell..."

Roxas and Hayner looked at each other. Roxas looked back at Steve. "Yep... that's what gravity does."

"Gravity?" Steve asked. Alex looked at them. "Gravity only affects a few blocks here, such as gravel, and sand. This... isn't any of them. This is Nether bricks."

"Oh..." Hayner said. Sora walked up to it. "I'm sure there's a reason why it did fall," Sora said.

"Maybe that dark thing is the culprit," Hayner said. "I'm sure he has better things to do than to make blocks fall," Sora said.

"Well, whatever it is, it seems to not be a threat right now, come on Hayner, let's g-" Roxas was about to hold Hayner's hand, but, he then saw that Hayner was frozen. He was staring down the hallway of the Fortress. "Hayner? You... alright dude?"

"What.... is... that-?" Hayner said. "What is what?" Steve asked. He turned his head down the hallway. Then gasped. "Guys... be careful...."

Alex noticed. "Crap! It's a Wither Skeleton-"

"A Wither Skeleton?"

The were about 3 of them at the end of the hallway. They all had something that seemed like swords, and they looked tall. "One hit from them can poison you with something...I think it's called the Wither or something."

"We need to research them," Alex said. "Well, not right now. We still need to get the Blazes-"

Before Steve could say another word, Sora was already walking up towards the Wither Skeletons, with his keyblade out. "Sora no! Not ye-"

The Wither Skeletons noticed that Sora was walking over them. Then, one of them ran at an extremely fast pace, toward Steve. "Woah! What the-?!" Sora said as he saw the thing running towards him. Sora quickly blocked it, with reflect, and the Wither Skeleton got bounced back and slammed into the other Wither Skeletons.

Sora looked up and saw that it was lying on the floor. He aimed his keyblade at them. "Deep freeze!" He yelled as an ice shard ejected out of the tip of the Keyblade. Then, the shard of ice slammed into the Wither who was getting up, and froze it. It fell to the ground and vanished in a poof of particles. The ice shard broke into three pieces, and the last two, went into the remaining Wither Skeletons. They all got defeated.

Sora looked behind him, at Roxas and Hayner, and Steve and Alex. "Guys... it's clear-"

"Dude... you are getting really powerful. You... just took out those things in one blow-" Roxas said. Sora shrugged. "That ice magic of yours will come real handy with the Blazes," Steve said.