Chapter 11 The Gateway To The End

Sora, Hayner, and Roxas helped to smash the blaze rods to bits. They didn't stop until they turned it into powder. The blaze rods, were endlessly burning. So, Sora and the rest had to be extra careful while they handled it. Even when they mashed them up, they were still at a very high temperature. Sora, almost accidentally burned his hand when he was trying to scoop the powder up. "Sora, be careful! Steve told us to use a stick to scrape them into the bucket," Roxas said. Sora nodded. "I know, I know."

Sora got up, and walked over to Steve, to get the bucket. Once he had gotten the bucket, he walked back over to his friends, who were still mashing the rods. "How much powder do we even need?" Hayner asked. "A lot," Alex said. "We need a lot to coat a least 13 of the ender pearls," Steve said as he was getting the pearls.

Once, they were done, they were ready to go. Steve has just made the last Eye of Ender. They were shimmering in the light, as Steve picked them up off of the table. Steve sighed as he set it back down. "Well, I guess we're ready"

Hayner looked a little worried. "What... did you say is beyond that portal again?"

"The end," Steve said. "Home to a dragon."

Sora knew that had to be where the stone is. "Ok, let's go," He said, already heading out the door. "Uh...." Hayner said. "Don't worry Hayner, you're pretty good with that bow" Roxas reassured him. Hayner gulped. "I sure hope you're right," He said walking over to the door, Roxas and the rest followed him.

So, they walked all through the city of Craftview, and back into the mine.

***

There they all stood, in front of the unlit portal frame. "Um... so, Steve, you want to place them?" Alex asked. Sora and the rest stood and watched. Steve nodded and stepped up to the frame, and got out the eyes.

He walked alongside the frame, placing the eyes in each socket of the portal. Sora and his other friends just stood and watched. None of them knew what was going to happen. The portal could either light or not light at all. Or worse, explode. But that wasn't the worst to happen.

As Steve made it around the portal frame, he was about to put the last eye, until he heard a strange scratching sound just as he was about to place the eye of ender. Steve froze just over the frame, then looked up at the guys, then back at Alex. They all shrugged. "You.. heard that right?" Steve asked. Hayner nodded, casually hiding behind Roxas. Sora looked around. "It sounded like it was coming from your direction-" He said.

Steve arched an eyebrow because it sounded like it was more in front of him.

What he didn't know was that the portal room has a defense system. And when the second to last eye went into the frame socket, it caused a spawner to appear. Steve looked down. "What is that-"

He gasped loudly, which made Sora jump, and Hayner scream.

Roxas slowly looked behind him at Hayner hiding. "Man, you're a scardy-cat," He said.

Hayner's face went red with embarrassment. "Shut up-," Hayner said clinging you Roxas's arm.

Steve was over the strange block, but nothing was happening. "Ah, Steve? Why the heck did you just gasp like you were being stalked by a Creeper?!" Alex yelled. "Look! It's a spawner!" Steve said.

The block had something spinning inside. It was close to the Blaze spawner back in the Nether. "Hey, it is a spawner. It's like that one back in that underworld place," Sora said. "But it's not Blazes..." Roxas said. "Yeah, what is that silver-looking creature?

Just then, it spawned. A tiny cute looking, silver creature with big black eyes.

Sora gasped at it. "Oh my gosh, it's so cute!" Sora was about to pick it up. "Sora don't!" Steve yelled when he now fully realized what the creature was, but by then it was too late. The "cute" creature jumped on Sora. "AHH!" Sora yelped. Steve gasped and was trying to hit the creature, but when he swung his sword, he accidentally hit Sora and smashed him into the ground. "Oh! I'm so sorry Sora! Please forgive me-," Steve said as he helped the keyblade wielder up. Sora looked at him annoyed. "Please don't give me a final smash"

Even with all the commotion, and weapon swinging, the creature was still alive. But this time it was over near Hayner. "Get it away from me!" Hayner yelled. Roxas summoned his keyblade and lit it on fire with his fire magic.

Alex took this time, to quickly swap to her pickaxe, and she quickly, and frantically, minded the spawner, breaking it.

Alex sighed a heavy sigh of relief. "Well, that's over." She looked back at Steve. "You nearly gave Sora a concussion. Are you sure you're ready to take on a dragon?"

Steve rolled his eyes. "Ugh, that was just a mistake. We all make mistakes!"

"When it comes to you, mistakes are always disasters," Alex said. Steve grunted annoyed, as he walked up to the portal frame. He placed the last eye of ender, into the slot.

As soon as the eye hit the slot, a loud hollow sound echoed throughout the portal room, as an endless abyss materialized in the frame of the portal. Steve and everyone were mesmerized by it. "It's... the gateway to the end dimension," Steve said looking into it. Steve looked behind him, at everyone else. "This is it guys. This... is when we make history for all of Craftview." He said.