Chapter 10 Blaze Rods

"Sora be careful!" Roxas yelled out. They had headed deeper inside the Fortress, and they came up to a staircase, that went up to a platform holding what seemed to be a cage of some sort. Sora of course had overtaken them, walking up to it, and causing Roxas to yell at him. "Don't worry Roxas... it's just some cage"

Steve and Alex walked up to him. "A cage?" He asked. Sora nodded and pointed to the ground. Steve kneeled, to examine it. "Hmm..." He said as his blocky hand was up to his chin. "This doesn't look like a cage-"

"Your right-" Alex said as she was now examining the strange object as well. "It looks like a spawner-"

The cage glowed, then three floating glowing beams appeared, as flaming rods started to rotate around one another, as a block with eyes popped out.

"IT'S A BLAZE SPAWNER!" Steve yelled. "A Blaze spawner?!" Hayner exclaimed. Alex was about to slash it with her sword, but 2 out of 3 of the blazes, shot out fireballs at all of them, and Roxas and Sora nearly got hit if they hadn't blocked their attacks.

Hayner felt like he had to do something, to at least make him useful. He got out the bow that Steve gave him and aimed it at one of the blazes. He got out an arrow, put it inside the bow, pulled it back, then let it go, and he got a headshot right on the Blaze. "Woah! Good shot dude!" Roxas said.

Sora aimed his keyblade at one of them. "Deep freeze!" A ball of ice shot out of his magical weapon and hit the same blaze Hayner shot. The Blaze despawned and dropped a glowing rod. But then they all shot out more fire at the friends before they could have been able to pick the rod up. "AHH!" Sora yelled as one of the fire blasts hit his hand, as he was trying to pick it up. Roxas grabbed Sora and pulled him away.

"We both need to use our magic," Roxas said. Sora nodded. "Right!"

The Blazes both fired more fire blasts at both Roxas and Sora, but they both blocked their attacks. Once they finished blocking, they both used their magic.

"Blizzard!"

Two giant ice balls flew out of both Roxas's and Sora's keyblades, slamming into the two floating flames. They felt the impact of the freezing ice, and they clearly got weaker. Roxas saw his chance, ran up to both of them, and slashed his two keyblades in both of the last remaining blazes. He turned around, to see that both of the blazes disappeared, then a couple of rods appeared on the ground. Steve walked over to them, and got them all. "Quick Alex, this is more than enough, so break the spawner!"

Alex ran up to the spawner as she took out a pickaxe, and pounded it into the spawner, until it cracked, then broke.

Steve sighed. "Well.... we got the Blaze Rods."

Roxas nodded. "Now, we can make those end things you talked about"

****

They all left the Nether, and ended up back in the cave they were at, before they left to get to the underworld. "Come on, let's go back to my place to use those ender pearls with this," Steve said. They all started to walk out the cave. "The pearls will combine with them or something?" Hayner asked. Alex nodded. "Steve and I found out you can make these eye's of enders. But, we didn't know what they can possibly be used for"

"But, now you do!" Sora replied with a smile. Steve chuckled. "Now we can finally get to this new dimension- hopefully."

****

All of them were in Steve's apartment, and Steve was messing with the crafting table. "Ugh-" He said. "Alex.... do you know what the recipe was again?" Steve asked. "You don't know how to make it?" Roxas asked. Sora, Roxas, and Hayner were sitting on some chairs.... they probably were the stair case block, as they watched Steve try and craft the needed supplies. "No, no, I do know how to make it. But... I forgot how to actually place it... was it ender pearls all around the rod?"

Steve tried that, and in the small squares of the crafting table, he put the Blaze Rod in the middle, then added the pearls in the remaining squares, surrounding the rod. But nothing happened. Alex pushed Steve aside as she started to work on it. "Hey!" Steve snapped.

Alex took out nearly all the pearls, leaving only one below the rod. Both the rod and the pearl vibrated until they both combined and turned into an eye-like object.

"Tada!" Alex said smiling at Steve, with a small giggle. "Yeah, yeah, laugh it up," Steve said as he was annoyed at himself that he couldn't remember such a simple recipe. Sora chuckled. "That wasn't that difficult at all"

"How'd you forget that?" Hayner asked.

Steve just signed and covered his face.

Roxas looked at the pearl, but then he saw it vibrating. "Uh... guys?"

Steve noticed. "What the? What's happening?"

The pear started to vibrate more. It didn't take another moment for everyone to realize they should probably take cover.

The pearl exploded, and green blocky goo splashed everywhere.

Sora was hiding behind a block, and Roxas and Hayner were hiding behind a chair, and Hayner was hugging onto Roxas tightly. "Dude...my poor arm-" Roxas said as Hayner was practically squeezing the hell out of Roxas's left arm.

"Uh... Steve?" Alex said looking around at the gooey mess. "What happened? That didn't happen before?"

Steve scratched his head, as everyone was looking at him. "I don't know... we.. wait..."

"We put the rod in there-" He said after.

Alex nodded slowly. "Uhhh... yeahhh? That's the recipe-"

"No...We had put the raw rod with the pearl... Aren't we supposed to smash it to powder first?" Steve asked.

Alex gasped. "Oh, Nether! I totally forgot! Yes! The blaze powder coats the pearl."

Steve looked at the remaining rods they had left, then looked back at the Kingdom Hearts characters. "Ok guys, let's get smashing."