Chapter 24 Friendly, Misunderstood Spirits

"Geez, what is Sora up to?!" Hayner yelled in a whisper.

"What does he even plan to do?" Michael asked.

Freddy was still in the hallway, at the threshold of the door. The music box, which was programmed to play when the power goes out to keep children calm, was now used by Gabriel to haunt his victims.

But... right... "Gabriel"

That's the name of the soul that resides within the aged animatronic brown bear.

Michael narrowed his eyes. He had to try to gain the soul's trust. And the only way to gain its trust would be to acknowledge their real names.

Michael stood up. He took a deep breath. "Gabriel..." He spoke.

For a moment, Freddy glitched. The music box made a shuttering sound.

"Gabriel..." he repeated.

Freddy glitched. "Do... not speak my name... Afton..."

Michael balled up his fists. "I am not that bastard... I'm not him at all!"

The animatronic bear vibrated. "Liar!" It spoke, its voice sounding on edge.

"Michael is right! He's his son, but he definitely wouldn't do what his father did to you!"

The music box stopped. But, it stayed glowing.

You could only see the light shining behind Freddy's eyes.

The bear turned its head over to Roxas. "...." It didn't speak anything at first.

"He's right!" Hayner spoke up.

The robot then turned his head to Roxas. "Michael would never do any of those things!"

***

Sora had managed to sneak around the other animatronics in the building. He was now in the parts and service room. There was an endo skeleton sitting on a table.

But it was a little hard to see, with how dark it was.

But, there was a light, a small one, illuminating on the generator.

Sora summoned his keyblade, then aimed it at it.

"Strike!" He yelled.

A bolt of lightning hit the generator, shocking it.

The lights flickered in the diner, there was a loud boom, and all of the lights, kitchen appliances, turned back on.

The power usage went back up to 100%

"What? Holy cra-" Michael remarked looking around.

Roxas and Hayner blinked. "Sora?!" Called out Roxas.

Sora had run back to the office. "Guys! I knew it would have worked!" But then he saw Freddy standing at the door. The animatronic was still there. Its head turned and looked at Sora. "You... three are not safe here..." Freddy said.

"Gabriel... we are safe! Michael isn't a threat!" Hayner said.

The bear looked at Hayner, then at Michael. He stared long and hard at Michael. The bear then stepped a little closer.

Michael got a little scared. The robotic bear stared at Michael.

Sora and his friends stood from afar, in worry as they saw the robot getting closer to Michael. Freddy leaned in a little and stared into his face.

Michael closed his eyes, awaiting whatever was going to happen.

But then Freddy just stood back up. "It seems... I've made a mistake..."