Throw It Away

With  calm yet preoccupied eyes, Y/n finds a large group of still green dots in a corner of the radar's circular screen, while other two dots remain isolated. 'Pepe, Rossi, and Lucas were the only ones in the monitor rooms, but given the two dot's coordinates they must be in the secret room, one of them must have left to warn the others.' She thinks to herself as she began to quickly toss a two inch bottle inside her bag. 'Emma and the others must have hid in the armory.' Y/n turns off the room's lights before leaning her ear against the closed wooden door.

'Whatever is happening, it can't be anything good.' She was about to open the door before she heard pairs of steps slamming open nearby rooms and approaching her own. Five seconds later one man wearing a black uniform with a bulletproof jacket marched inside the room, gun loaded and ready. His  eyes inspected the room like a hawk observing it's prey until he was interrupted by a voice speaking from the device on his ear. 

"Have you found anything?" It asked, "Negative." He responded, "Do not let a single one escape but don't touch a hair on the girl with (H/c) hair and (e/c) eyes head." The voice commanded, "Yes, sir!" Were the last words the man said before leaving the room. Once his steps were no longer hearable to the girl hidden inside the closet, she let out a shaky breath.

She carefully ran out of the room without looking back, 'The closest emergency is on the monitor room, if I can reach it before them I can head to the secret room and warn Rossi, Lucas and Pepe--' Y/n stopped running just as two men marched across the corridor and hid behind an open door. The two men stop talking before walking toward the girl's direction, just as they were about to reach her, they were knocked out cold due to a foldable metal chair being smacked on their faces, "Sorry..." She whispers. Y/n placed the chair down carefully without making any more noise before continuing her path.

Just as Y/n was about to turn around the corner her face went pale, out of instinct she took a step back and reached inside her leather pouch bag. "You led us through a merry chase, Y/n, but now it's time to stop playing House and be a good girl, alright?"  A tall man with dark skin and white hair greeted, a stoic expression stapled on his face as he stared at the (H/c)-ette lowering his weapon. Y/n gave him a weak smile with furrowed eyebrows, "...I'm sorry but, I don't believe we've met before?" She asks, struggling not to stutter in front of the much taller human.

He takes out a pocket watch to look at the time before replying "It is only to be expected, you were but a toddler when we met and even then, you're memories were wiped clean, were they not? I am Andrew, the person who escorted you to plant 3 and the person who'll take you back where you belong." Once he looks back at the girl who was now staring at with serious eyes, he is greeted by a pistol being pointed at his face.

Unfaced, Andrew raised an eyebrow at her. "We both know you don't have the mental strength to shoot a human, much less aim for the kill." He tells her, images of the memories back in Goldie Pond flood through her mind, the nightmares she had of the day she pulled the trigger on someone who once had a life, not a very charitable one, but had  one, and it  haunted her sleep for some good two to three months until her life became to busy to even remember her dreams anymore. 

She breaks eye contact and looks at the pistol before looking back at the man standing in front of her, her eyes gleaming with guilt. "You're right," She replied as she moved her aim away from the adult's head more to the left,  Andrew stretched out his hand for her to approach him.

"But I wasn't aiming for either of those."

Andrew's eyes widened as she gave him a closed-eyed smile. She pulled the trigger two times, breaking two light bulbs lined up in the ceiling causing them to explode and to domino the effect to the rest. Andrew shut his eyes closed for the sudden sting he felt on them due to watching the light bulbs explode as he cursed. 'That should buy us some time' She thought.

Y/n took the chance to run past the man, leaving him alone in the now dark corridor.  She continued running through the hallways until she finally reached the monitor room, only to find Lucas wrapping an arm around a soldier's neck until he passed out—at least what she believed was passed out.

"Well that's a way of saying kill them with kindness..." Y/n murmurs, catching Lucas' attention, "Y/n, shouldn't you be with the others?" Lucas asks her worriedly, "Sadly no, I wasn't with them when the explosion went off." Y/n replied seriously once again. "Don't come out just yet, Rossi." Lucas told the boy hidden behind the secret passage of the monitor room before explaining their situation to Y/n "Yeah, figured the Ratri were behind this already, but it sure is a good thing Pepe reached the others on time." She said, just as the words left her mouth, the radio the soldier was carrying spoke up. 

Both of their faces paled as they heard the message. "This is bad..." Y/n choked out as she placed a hand over her mouth. "Rossi, Y/n, you both go catch up with Emma and the rest." Lucas ordered the children. "Roger!!" They both said sharply before running off once again, Rossi holding  the radio while Y/n held a lamp lightening their path through the tunnels while holding the radar on the other hand.

' "All teams, deploy. Fortify all exits."  This is bad, really really really bad.' Y/n thought to herself as she recalled the message they had heard, she heard a soft sob next to her, causing her to look at the crying boy. 

She stops running and kneels down to Rossi's level, "Rossi! What's wrong, are you hurt?!" She asks while grabbing his shoulders and inspecting him, "N-no! I-It's nothing! I just- we should hurry u-up!" Rossi tries to tell her but tears just kept rolling down the boy's cheeks.

"F-First we h-had to leave the h-house and our s-sibling behind, and now, w-we need t-to leave the shelter t-too, and those p-people want t-to k-k-k--" Rossi sobbed, not being able to say the last words, "Sh, it's okay..." She told him while rubbing his back and giving him what she could form of a calm smile. "A-Are t-they going to destroy the shelter? The f-flowers and vegetables a-and f-fruits we grew, th-the m-memories we made. T-they'll a-all b-be g-gone?" Rossi asks.

Y/n opens her arms and hugs him, which he returns. "I know it's hard, but that's no excuse to give up. I don't wanna look back on this day and wish I'd done something different. Right here, right now, I need to know I did everything I could. What about you?" She asks the albino, who sobbed and nodded determinedly, she gave him a nod and they continued. 

Andrew's voice flooded her thoughts once again, a bump building on her throat, 'We both know you don't have the mental strength to shoot a human, much less aim for the kill.' Fear crept up her spine, tonight, tonight's the night where all their resolve is placed to the test, one wrong step and her family and friends were as good as dead. If push came to shove, would she really take a human life? Would she really be able to—?

"ROSSI!" She shouted before pushing the blue eyed boy out of the bullet's path, everything else appeared as a blur to her that moment, her heart's beating fastening and limbs moved on their own, her eyes sharpening and breathing ached with the shock of the moment.

____

"Emma!!" Rossi shouted as they finally reached the group, "Y/n! Rossi!!" The orange haired girl gasped relieved, Ray and Emma rushed next to Y/n's side and hugged her tightly which she returned without looking at them in the eyes. 

"How's everyone?" She asked—and for the first time, most Goldie Pond-ers saw the usual calm happy-go-lucky attitude girl disappear, instead they were greeted by the same calculating eyes Ray usually wore, to Emma, the look her friend wore reminded her of their old blue eyed friend, but to Ray, it was simply her taking of the mask she wore. "Chris has been shot, he's in critical condition and two are... dead." Ray explained, earning a nod from Y/n.

That was when he saw the small trails of smoke leaving the pistol Y/n held.