That's just how it is

--3rd person POV--

Y/n, the purple-ette, and the kids they managed to save run back toward the village, 'We managed to reach a handful, still, we have to go back to make sure no one was left behi--' Y/n thinks yet gets interrupted by the music from earlier sing it's melody once again. "It's over..." Y/n sighs relieved, "We're safe this time." The purple-ette tells her, "Is anyone hurt?!" "Come here for help!!" They hear two voices shout.

"So they have proper medical care here... Are the demons really that confident that they even give medical resources?" Y/n murmurs before letting out a small gasp, "You okay?" Her newly found ally asks, "I'm going to look for Theo and the others! I'll be right back!" She tells them before running off. 'Darn it! I should have placed a tracker on them, idiot, idiot, idiot!!' She scolds herself.

"Monica, Theo, Jaaake!!!" She calls out while moving through the crowd. 'Theo's injury didn't look severe so he shouldn't have any problems, Monica and Jake were fine when we separated, they should be heading back to the village right now, they definitely are--' She thinks before spotting a familiar figure, "Theo!!" She shouts his name, Theo falls to his knees and Y/n's face goes pale. She rushes to his side and wraps her arms around him.

"Where... Your sibling..?" She asks in a whisper, he opens his mouth to speak but instead a sob comes out, he wraps his arms around Y/n wrist and begins to cry uncontrollably, "Th-they're dead! It's my fault.. It's all my fault..! I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... bro... sis.." He speaks in between sobs, Y/n caress his back as he continues to cry, her eyes showing nothing but panic.

'Did he smelled their scent? But they were going down wind..! Did he predicted they'd go downwind? Darn it... Darn it! I should have seen it-- If I had only- I should have thought about it more carefully, I should have seen it coming-- I'm so so sorry, darn it!' She clenches her teeth, "J-Jake... Monica!!!" Theo shouts. They stay in that position until Theo becomes too tired to continue, he falls asleep on Y/n's lap as the lullaby she hummed filled his thoughts. Y/n stares at his tired figure before someone touches her shoulder.

"They're dead..." She answers, the purple-ette simply nods, "Let's take him to one of the houses so he can rest properly." They say, Y/n picks the sleeping boy into her arms and follows the purple-ette. Once they are inside a house Y/n lays Theo in one a bed and covers him up. Before she turns to walk away she feels someone stop her by holding her sleeve. She turns to stare at Theo, "His name is Lewis...'do not just run away all the time, join the hunt and come get me.' That was his message... please, Y/n.. Don't let my siblings die in vain..." Theo tells her, his voice breaking at the last part. She caress his cheek causing him to go back to his slumber. Y/n takes this chance to implant a tracker on the boy's hand.

She opens the door of the house and walks out, she sits on the stairs outside the door and take out the radar without opening it. The lullaby Ray taught her filled the silence around her as she softly sang it, the sun had already set and the stars shined down on the hidden village, 'They give us weapons and medicine, they didn't even take the gun or the radar away. They want us to struggle, they want us to play along in their wrecked game...' She thinks. 'Two people died... Two humans died for the sake of a game... For the sake of their entertainment Theo is all alone... People die everyday and everything keeps spinning like nothing happened, this is the world we live.' She stands up and begins walking around the village with no destination in mind.

'Maybe, if I had gone with Theo and his siblings something would have been different, or if we hadn't gone different ways. If I had predicted that that demon was smarter--No, thinking of the past won't fix it.' Thoughts flooded her mind as she walked down the streets, she's pulled out of her train of thoughts when she bumps into someone and falls down. "I'm so sorry! are you okay?" She apologizes, "No I should apologize, I wasn't looking were I was going, are you okay?" he replies, Y/n  looks up to see the stranger. He was fairly tall and had white hair with a red streak which highlighted his red eyes, he wore a red shirt with light coffee brown pants. 

Oliver looks at the (H/c) haired girl, the more he stared the more his cheeks heated. He offers his hand to help her up which she accepted. The silence that followed lasted for a few seconds before Oliver snapped out of it, "I-I'm sorry, I have to meet up with someone, I'll see you around, take care." He tells her before walking away. She smiles at him, "Yeah, you too!" She says before continuing her walk. Oliver turns to look at the girl one more time before continuing.