Unexpected Reunion

The room spined around her, Y/n's sense of hearing leaving her, completely shutting down. Emma beat her to awakening, she ran towards the albino who ran towards them just as fast. A blizzard would look like a spring breeze compared to her thoughts' pace yet her mind felt as slow as a dried leaf falling off a tree.

She was drowning in questions that made her lose all sense of balance when she took one step. Her knees hit the wooden floor, she could see Emma sobbing with him, yet she was unable to join them.

Was this god rewarding her, or mocking her?

She called out his name– at least thought she did, but she could hear nothing nor did she feel her mouth move– only a loud ringing inside her head. She fruitlessly tried again, finally regaining some of her senses back. A knife pierced through her heart, how long had it been since she had said that name out loud for someone else to hear? Had she done well? Did she do what he wanted her to do before leaving?

She called out again, the name that made her throat tightened by simply thinking of it. She always wondered how a name could feel so cursed yet so soothing.

The two people in front of her finally pulled away, allowing him to walk towards her. He smiled at her, his eyes squinting slightly due to how high the smile reached. Y/n's lip trembled.

"You..."

He bowed, a hand behind his back while the other rested in his chest.

"Your holiness, I am William Minerva; at your service."

Y/n snapped up, stumbling for half a fraction of a second due to the room's spinning slowing down. She ungracefully yanked his collar and pulled him into a tight embrace with her arms around his neck, her legs in a weak state made her pretty much be hanging by his neck, his hand barely having enough time to adjust their position to her waist– and since Norman wasn't the most athletic person, they both fell down back on the floor.

"NORMAN!!" She choked out between sobs and laughs, a shaking smile so wide it was almost painful. The boy hugged her tighter between laughs, pulling her as close as physically possible, "You're as beautiful as the day I left." He whispered, burying his face on her hair.

"H-ha? If you leave again...–no I don't even want to think about it– This isn't a dream right? I didn't fall down the stairs and hit my head? You–You're not just a flower talking to me– I'm not just losing my mind, right?" She sobbed, she shifted her position to cup his face, "N-Norman, Norman– you're here, your smell is here, your hair– y-your eyes–! You're here, you're really here." She buried her face in his shoulder.

"I'm here, Y/n. I'm here..." He reassured her gently, he caressed her back reassuringly, his eyes softening before closing. "I'm really here."

"Norman..!" Norman, Norman, Norman, Norman was there. Alive and well, she wanted to call out his name– say it triple the times she thought of it with sorrow, pain, and misery in it. Call out the name that caused her, Ray, and Emma to lose a part of themselves when he left, she wanted to wash away all the sorrow that had been linked to the boy's name, scrub it until it was all shiny and new and grinning with joy. 

His palm rested on her cheek, he pushed her away slightly to make her look into his eyes. Blue eyes met her (E/c) ones, his refreshing icy blue eyes– those that reminded her of the sky once the snow storm was over, the clear, light, free sky.

He smiled at her, his smile, that smile that could reassure anyone out of their worries, he reached his other hand out to Emma for her to join their embrace "I promise, I will do everything for us to never separate again." He promises the girls who look at him optimistically.