Immortal Until Proven Mortal

--Y/n's POV--

"Emma? Is everything okay?" I ask her worriedly while wrapping a scarf around her neck, she looks startled for a second. I put my hand on her shoulder. "Nothing..Was it just my imagination..?" I hear her murmur. "It's nothing, don't worry about it" She reassures me with a smile. We talk for a bit longer before I walk over to help Alicia and Yvette. "I see, this roots don't do well with the cold" Alicia says. "So that's why they stopped moving!" Yvette adds. I ruffle both their hairs and smile at them, "Here girls, let me help you put your scarfs on, I can't let you catch a cold now, can I?" I tell them, they nod excitedly. Once I'm done I go make sure the rest of the kids are doing okay.

I see Mark trembling, I walk over to him and wrap a scarf on his neck and send him off to talk with the others, "It's pretty cold up here!" "It's even colder than the area we were in when we first fell in! I wonder why the temperature is so different even though we are in the same forest." One of the kids ask. "Who knows, maybe it's because the sunlight gets blocked by the trees here." Anna guesses. "Still it's so friggin' cold!". 

I sit down on a root and start going through the pages of Mr. Minerva's book. Once I find what I'm looking for I walk over to were Ray was. "Ray, look!" I yell, which grabs his attention and the others. I signal him a paragraph on the book, and then point at the plant next to him. "Is that-" "Yeah!" I nod excitedly. "Uh.. What is that?" Nat asks, I turn to look at him and smile happily. "Water!" I reply which makes everyone except Ray gasp. "They mention it on the book,m anemones that store pure water." Ray explains.

"Anemones?!" Don asks with a disgusted look on his face, I nod before kneeling down to the level of the anemones. "Ray! Knife!" I order him playfully he replies by rolling his eyes and handing me a knife and a jar. I carefully cut the bottom part of the plant's skin and place the jar on the part I cut as water falls out of it, the kids gasp in delight. "These things obviously aren't real anemones, but if we keep following what the book is telling us, this water should be drinkable!" I say. "We won't have to go all the way to the river each time to get water." Ray adds.

"Food and Water are the most important parts of our blind adventure" Jemima says, "That's right" I tell her, she smiles proudly. "We can't even tell what's edible and what isn't. So I'm quite thankful that we at least base off our decisions off of." Ray says. "This world is full of scary things, but at least we won't be flailing around in the dark. Don't worry, we aren't all alone. We got each other. And we've got an ally." Emma reassures them, I nod and stand up. "Let's go see Mr. Minerva!" she adds.

"Let's all survive. Let's do our best to get out of here! Just a bit more and we're out of here!" I cheer them on.

***

"Emma! is this the right way?" Don asks her, I had given her the pen since I had the Radar and was in charge of making sure no one got separated from the group. "Yeah!" She yells his direction. "But we've gone a bit off course while we were underground." She tells Ray and me. "I see. So that code represents out current location, huh?" Ray asks, "Both 'B 06-32' and 'B 00-15' show us where we are... In other words, they're kind of like coordinates. The numbers must be some indication of the direction we're headed headed in.." Ray says. "Wait... But if we were 'Northeast' when we first left the house... and now we are headed 'south'. Right now, we're at area B 06-32... In other words, we're headed south within the eastern of the eastern portion of the plane this thing is based off." He finishes.

"Emma and I stare at him before snapping. "How did you figure it out so quickly?!" Emma yells. "You're so freaky!" I yell at him. "When I first opened it at the house, the only thing that showed up was 00-00 with no letters." I tell them. "I see. So right now, we're basically direct east of the house. And since it was B 01-14 before, we must've gone back a little north since then." Ray went to help a few kids go through a tall root.