Paopu Fruit

Anyway, yesterday was my bday so I didn't have time to work on a chapter but this'll probably be out by the end of the day since I work on it in between online classes. Also, just to clarify, author notes are parenthesis with bold letters, hope it wasn't confusing (Sorry if it was) ).

--3rd person's POV--

"We did it!" The kids cheered as we arrived to our destination, "Right ahead, we'll rise up, and you'll be leaving the forest already." Sonju tells us, "Let's rest for the night! We can proceed tomorrow." Mujika adds. The kids volunteer to make dinner alone this time and pick up medical herbs alone this time, clearly wanting to show off their newly acquired skills. Y/n chuckles at their confidence and murmurs, "They really have grown up.." With a small smile before heading over to Anna to get her ear checked out.

"This kids really do learn fast." Mujika comments, "This is nothing! Ray and Emma are way faster! And Y/n is even faster, one glance and She knows all the details! Norman great too, he only needed to look at something for a few seconds and he was already a pro!" Alicia and Yvette praise. Sonju's interest was revealed as he heard the albino's name.

***
--Y/n's POV--

"Gilda, what's the matter?" Ray asks. "Ah, no, I was just rethinking our plans..." Gilda says. Lanni, Emma, and I stare at her puzzled. "Huh? How come?" Emma asks. "Well. I was just thinking of those 'stories of old' That Sonju told us... It's good to know that there's a world somewhere. But, on the other hand... We thought that there would be human groups here, in this world." She says. I see what she is getting at and nod. "We were counting on human cities or something, but there is nothing. No humans to join, either. And we need more people to rescue the kids left on the farm...That's why we have to think it all over again." She adds wearing a worried look. "You're correct." Ray says.

Emma runs to where Sonju was standing and I follow close behind her, "Are there more humans like us?" Emma asks, he looks at her confused and I walk closer to clarify. "Humans like us. Runaways?" I ask, "You should know right? Did you her anything on your travels?" She asks hopefully which Sonju quickly destroys, "Never heard of it." He replies, "And even if there were any... It would be a small number indeed.  One or two at best." He adds which makes all of us stare at him startled. "But why?" I ask him without realizing I had cold sweat on my cheek.

"Plantations might not have nothing in common in common with one another but the name. In particular, premium-grade plantations like your Grace field are exceptional, the large majority  are factory farming." He says and I feel my face go pale, Thoma apparently sees this and asks, "Huh? Factory farming? What's that?" He asks. "You mean... Like the one in books?" I murmur, worriedly pale. Sonju nods before replying, "The mass production of cheap meat. Where the livestock is kept in poor conditions, barely even living... Just fattening for slaughter. Humans born in such farms don't even learn a language. They have no names, they have no free will, and  they certainly couldn't even conceive of escaping, though, even if they did, they'd get nowhere, anyhow." He confirms.

'No will? No language? Not even the fake happiness we lived with... They really are just food. That kind of farm is the norm..? There are lots of farms like that too...' I clench my fist before being pulled out of my thoughts by Sonju continuing, "Incidentally, among several hundred plantations, the premium grade ones amount to... a mere four." He says, "A mere four?!" Don and the others ask. He nods "If this 'Minerva' has hidden instructions, he must have worked with this four at best. Your own, and three others. You've told me of how you came to find out the truth and plan your escape, however, I have serious doubts that such a feat could be achieved often. What's more, you yourselves know how hard it is to survive on the outside. Other fugitives are quite unlikely. Though I have sometimes heard about cattle raiders, those are demons who are consumed by desire to eat humans attack plantations to steal them. They're exceptionally rare, though. They might be useful tools for your cause. I can think of nothing else to use, however, it depends on how you'd go about it. At any rate..." He says.