We Have To Do It

Smiling; a pleasant or encouraging appearance, a facial expression in which the eyes brighten and the corners of the mouth curve slightly upward. Humans actually smile for many different reasons. Sometimes we do smile simply because we are happy, but we also smile for social reasons and to put people at ease. Something Y/n never struggled to wear on her face since she always had reasons to keep it there. But for the first time she realized how much work one had to put in to make it seem genuine.

She remembered once being told that frowning took more energy than smiling, maybe the day before that she believed it, but now she called it—as her father would have— bullshit. 

She was too busy collecting her thoughts after they had eaten to notice Oliver approaching her until he cleared his throat awkwardly, she blinked a few times as if slowly landing back to reality  before turning to look at him, "Oliver!" She gasped, "I wanted to thank you—really, I mean I don't know what would've happened if you had—" "Don't worry about it, I, I was just doing what Lucas told me too..." He confessed while scratching the back of his neck without making eye contact. "Huh?" She asked but he only extended his hand toward her and handed her a note.

"Before I tell you, Lucas gave me this as we were leaving the shelter. I've already shown it to Emma but I feel like you too should know," He told her, "Before the enemy strike,  Lucas received contact from  our allies." "But didn't Andrew say he killed all of our all—" She stopped herself when she remembered all past messages had been nothing more than recordings. 

He nods, "He heard a loud noise at first. Then a tape that lasted 20 seconds, he wrote the message there." He stopped to let her read the contents inside the folded paper which she did.

My name is William Minerva, I am setting a revolt. Let us revolt once against those in the human world, put an end to the neverland and reach our promised land. Exit the farms, and go to this place. I'll be waiting for you, for all of you. 7. 3. 5. 9. 4. 1. 10. 10. 7. 13. 11. 2. 21. 8.....

Her thoughts drifted to what her younger self had said a few hours ago, "They are searching for the promised lan—his land— I don't know where it i— they keep asking but—he doesn't want them to kn—I can't tell—" What or who would traumatize a child to the extent that she'd freak out like that?

 Then remember what she had heard the old butler of the girl ask so long ago in the dream she had after being stabbed, 'Can you tell us where it is?'. Questions piled up in her mind as she made a mental note to recall all those memories later, some of the advantages of having photographic memory.

"I don't like the vibe this gives off, Emma, you, and Lucas heard the other recording of Minerva." Oliver said, she nodded. "This one seems... off. Somehow, different from Minerva last time. Back then, he gave us an option—the voice also seems a bit different, younger if I dare say—but I'm sure I'm being paranoid." She said, suddenly remembering a certain voice from long ago she pushed to the back of her mind. There was no way it was the same voice, right? Right...

"With the timing of the call, the enemy would have set up a trap beforehand. That would have been a smart thing to do to say the least." Oliver told her, "Maybe an ally of sorts? I mean if you think about it it'd make sense. Wouldn't it be easier to use an identity that you know your target audience already trusts to help them? If you think about it, Minerva has become kind of like a savior to us, someone who we've come to relate to hope." She reasons, Oliver nods in agreement.

"Either way, we're safe for now. But if the enemy finds this place and we're attacked, we'll be enclosed just like in the shelter. We don't know what this means, but to defend ourselves and attack the Ratri Clan, we are going to have to team up with whomever this is. We could go in one small group so we can see at least who it is." He offered, Y/n stared at the albino's bitter smile feeling the urge to say something, but was stopped.