Negotiation pt.1

--Y/n's POV--

"Well then, we've secured a safe place for now. Time to figure out what to do next... How to go about the rescue and the escape. That is, how do we get Phil's group out of that place and then, how do we cross over to the human world." Ray says, we all nod in agreement, "We got to think of something..." Emma says, "I was hoping we'd get some guidance from Minerva, but I guess that is out of the question now" I tell them.

"What sort of data have they got in the archive room?" Anna asks, "Well, lots. We've barely scratched the surface of everything there so far, but... We found out, for example, the overall classification and general location of the plantations." Ray tells them, "Which kind of farms they are, and also, what their particular identification marks are." I add. "Ideantifi... Oh!" Nat says, Ray nods.

"Yes, yesterday, that guy showed it to us all of a sudden, right?." Ray reminds him and I reach to touch the ID code on my neck. "Grace field uses digits on the necks... Glory bell, a character string on the belly. The kind of writing, the order of characters... The location of the mark. The details vary from plantation" Ray explains. "Meaning one can identify them at a glance." I clarify. "Incidentally, it seems like only the 4 premium plantations bother with unique identifiers for every specimen. The factory farms simply use brands. Each farm has a certain symbol, and they just engrave it at a fixed location." I say.

"So... If someone knows about these marks then... Just by seeing them on human cattle like us, they'll also know from which farm we came from." Gilda says, "Right. At the very least, the intelligent demons know about it for sure." Emma agrees. "We've also found stuff about the promise, the human world... and the location of the demon settlements in this world. Though that part is still not very clear." Ray says. "They're an encyclopedia of demon world plants... With hand drawings. There's also normal things, like children books, novels, and... We found some material about demons, but..." Emma says, "But?" Anna asks.

"It's all very old. The books here all seemed to have been published before 2015... Just like in Grace Field's library. We can't be sure with the non-book materials, but... When it comes to books, that deal with demons and the promise, they are all ancient enough to be considered historical." I explain. Lanni and Thoma open it to look at it as dust covers the air around. "Wow! It's falling apart!" Lanni exclaims, Nat snoozes thanks to the dust and Thoma wonders how many years the book may have. "Well, I dunno what is written here but... " Lanni starts, "At any rate, we'll only get super outdated info from this books, right?" Thomma finishes.

"Wait, it doesn't add up..." Don murmurs, "Bingo. Don is correct." Ray says and we turn to look at him. "Yesterday, the man knew how many of us had escaped, and also the date when we broke out. There has to be a method to getting real-time information about the world. Most likely those monitors." I tell them. 'If those monitors are a way to get real-time news without leaving the shelter, it'll probably be useful to figure out a way to rescue the others.' I think. "What about a method of 'crossing' to the other world?" Anna asks us. "We've found nothing so far... I guess the only way to do it is finding a way to locate Minerva first, after all." Emma says. "What, did you find anything about Minerva, after all?" Gilda asks hopefully.

"Yes!" Emma replies cheerfully, "This." Ray says while taking out an envelope. "A letter?" Gilda asks, "Yeah, it was inserted into one of those ancient books." I tell her while handing it to her. She opens it and reads it out loud for the rest to hear. "Congratulations on your success in making it this far, I apologize on not being able to be here to celebrate it personally, this shelter was made for you. However, should you aim for more... Should you want to go beyond merely living in peace, then, use your pen and head here. William Minerva A08-63" She finishes. "This is..." Nat murmurs. "Do you recall the writing from the pen? The hand writing is the same." I tell them.