Letters

--3rd person POV--

--Flashback--

Dear Norman, 

  It has been a while since I wrote one of this letters, I'm glad Mujika gave me various sheets of paper. The trip has been going smoothly if you remove the part when we almost got killed by our Guide... But I think he's getting used to us! Now he looks a bit more hesitant before rejecting the high-fives (he still does though). I hope Gilda and Don are doing okay back in the shelter along with Phil back in the house, everyone looked so happy once we got settled in the Shelter, I believe Alicia and Chris think of Mark as a stress ball though... 

 Lanni and Thoma are as playful as ever, Jemima has grown a bit and Nat has gotten better at playing piano, all the younger kids looked so adorable while wearing the oversized shirts. I think you would have enjoyed the Archive Room, one of the couches there is oddly similar to the one you enjoyed sitting on back in the House and it even smells a bit like you. This would have been much easier if you had been with us to help, I'm sure we missed a few things that you would have noticed if you were here- But I'm sure we'll manage! Emma's spirit is a cheerful as ever, too. She's back to her happy self once again, and Ray, well, Ray is back to being Ray. 

 Are you doing well? I hope you are. This is the 34th letter I have written so far, I hope someday you'll be able to read them. If I think back, there always was one question I always wanted to ask you, never had the courage to, though. It was always a guess that you liked Emma, You never actually confirmed it. But I guess it's a little too late to ask you now, huh.' 

Y/n got stopped writing when she heard someone call out her name- or nickname, "Oi, Sher, the hell are you still awake? It ain't gonna be my problem if you die because you're tired" She heard the man say as he walked closer, she turned her head to look at him before smiling brightly, "Aw, did Mister get attached to me already?" She cheerfully asks teasingly, causing the man to do a small 'tch'. 

"You wish. I just don't wanna deal with Cyclops' complains, that's all. I couldn't care less about you." He coldly replies yet she doesn't drop her smile, "I'm writing a letter to someone important." She replies while looking at her writing, the only source of light being the small fire Ray had made. The man stares at her with a raised eyebrow. "Why would you wanna write to someone in the shelter?" He asks, unknowingly interested. "Oh my, is Mister interested in my social life-" She got cut off by the man smacking her in the head. "So mean... He isn't in the Shelter, he got shipped out so we could escape." She tells him, a smile on her face but no emotion in her eyes.

The man simply stared at the girl before asking, "If the kid's dead then why bother remembering 'em? No matter how much you want them to he ain't coming back." He says while staring at the girl who stared at the fire like something interesting was happening in it. She let's out a short nervous laugh, "I started doing it because I wanted to move on, but accidentally got attached even more. I wanted so bad to talk to him one more time, I couldn't afford to stay sad since I needed to help the others plan the escape, but then I realized I didn't want to forget him, so then I remembered in one of the books I had read, the female lead wrote letters to her deceased lover to move on. After writing every letter I felt a little bit better, so I just kept doing it, memories of him, Ray, Emma, and I kept flooding in my mind so writing about them made me feel... Like I had another chance to talk with him, kind of like self therapy I guess." She says, letting out a dry chuckle on the last part.

The man unknowingly stares at her for a few more seconds before murmuring, "I can't stand you..." He murmurs low enough for her to not her him. 'She resemble her so much it's disgusting.' The man thinks to himself, ''Don't wanna forget him?' Don't give me that crap.'

"Looking at the past continuously is not called attachment, it's called stupidity.... Go rest, You'll be a burden if you lack energy" He tells her before walking away, Y/n looks at him smiling. "Good night to you too, Mister." She says before adding something, "Thank you." She whispers before signing the letter, folding it and tying it to the rest of the letters on her bag. Y/n was about to to close her eyes when she spotted Ray's body, who was laying against a tree, moving. His arm moves to his eyes and rubs them. 'Cute' She thinks before he slightly opens his eyes, "Y/n? Why are you still awake?" He asks her, "I was just talking with Mister, sorry if I woke you up." She apologized, "Not really, it was just a bad dream." Ray tells her. She moves closer to him and lays her head on his shoulder, she realizes he was slightly sweating, "Wanna talk about it?" She asks him, he thinks of it for a second before shaking his head. "It was just a dream, don't worry about it. I don't remember much of it anyway." He replies, slightly lying on the last part, she does a small 'hm' before clinging her arm into his.

"Nightnight, Ray." She says before closing her eyes. Ray stares at her figure and lets out a smile, "Good night, Y/n" He says before closing his eyes, reassuring himself that it had just been a dream, there was no way, it could come true, he wouldn't allow it.

--Ray's dream--

 "Ray!" Y/n shouts cheerfully from far away, she wore a mustard yellow shirt, topped with a long sleeve jean jacket that had a 5-8 different pins pinned on it, a pair of blue jeans and black ankle length boots that had cork-colored heels, her hair was on a (Hair style). She waved cheerfully at the boy who started running toward her direction in a flower field, he hadn't noticed the white vida flowers around them. He felt a sudden wave of fear wash over him, the reason a mystery. All he knew is that he needed to get to the girl as soo as possible. (If you don't like the clothing choice you can change it, it won't affect the story :))

Ray continues to run, feeling a bit more relieved with every step. They were only a few meters away before fear rushes to Y/n's features. "Ray..." She whispers before falling to her knees, blood splashing out of her lower chest, causing the flowers around them to turn crimson red. "Y/N!" Ray shouts desperately before quickly drooping to his knees and grabbing the girl in his arms, her lifeless eyes barely open and small tears in the corners of her eyes. Ray places one of his trembling hands on her head and pulls it closer to his chest.

"Y/n w-wake up! You need to wake up! Please!" He begs, tears falling down his cheeks, He feels a sudden cold breeze from behind him, he abruptly turns around before feeling the floor and the girl in his arms disappear, causing him to fall down before waking up.