Choose Well

--3rd person POV--

"An armory!" Emma gasps, they all looked around the room full of weapon. Firearms, blades, bombs, nets, shields, and more firearms. 'Did Minerva leave an entire armory for us cattle children?' Ray thought as they followed close behind the man. "Never in my life did I think I'd get to see so many weapon in one place" Y/n thought out loud, her eyes wandering through all the different weapons around them.

"It was by chance that we found the piano mechanism." Mister tells them, "When we first tried to play it, the tuning was just a tiny bit off. No way we could've noticed that, but..." Emma tells him, "Anyway, the point is, if you suck, you'll never realize this room exists." The black haired Man tells her. "What was Minerva's plan..?" Emma murmurs. Y/n thinks of it for a few seconds, "Perhaps-" Y/n whispers but gets cut off by the man speaking up, "Beats me. Pick whatever you like." The man says.

"I don't give a crap about Minerva's goals. These are weapons. This room was made for someone to use it, right? We'll be going into enemy territory now. Well, we're already in enemy territory, but you get it... The wasteland is at a whole another level compared to what you've seen. The plantation forest doesn't come close. This is the land where they live. If they come for you, weapons won't really save your life, but... It's better than putting your ass out there bare-handed. I'm not helping ya with this. Choose something that you figure will help you survive." He tells us before handing Emma heavy-looking gun.

"What do you think?" Ray asks Emma, "Well... For me something lighter wold be better..." Emma replies. Y/n nods placing her thumb and index finger on her chin. "Sonju and Mujika taught us, right? 'The way to survival is escaping. Should ye find a 'demon', raise not a hand against them. Think rather of one thing only: How to run away.' Those were Sonju's words. We should avoid anything that could make it hard to flee, and even if that doesn't happen, it'll be tiring to carry dead weight the whole trip." Y/n tells them. "Right." Ray agrees.

"Running is better than killing, however, the best of all is to not be noticed." Y/n murmurs before walking towards the lighter-looking weapons. 'Let's see, did I read any books about weaponry back at the house..?' Y/n mentally asks as her eyes look at the different weapons. "Hey Mister, what are you taking-" Y/n asks but gets interrupted, "Don't feel like explaining, figure it out yourself, Sherlock." He replies without looking at the (H/c)-ette. She stares at the man with disappointment on her features. 'Watch and learn it is then...' She thinks before looking at the man's choices more carefully. 'One large weapon, extra ammo, two units...He isn't taking any handguns... And a knife" Y/n turns to look at Emma who was intensely staring at, what seemed to be some kind of bazooka, "Maybe something lighter, don't you think?" Y/n tells the Orange-haired girl, "Probably, heh" Emma chuckles nervously.  Y/n gets pulled out of her thought by the man speaking up once again.

"Pick anything you like and come up. Just play anything on the piano to return." He says before slamming the door shut. "He's gone." Emma comments, "He's seriously not helping, huh?" Ray murmurs. "I'm taking a knife with me." Emma tells her two friends. "I actually wanted to take this one," Emma tells them while pointing at the bazooka she was looking at earlier, "'cause it looked strong, but... It was way too heavy, and I figured I probably couldn't hold it properly anyways..." Emma reasons, "Correct" Y/n and Ray say in unison.

"I think the bow I got from Sonju is still the best basic weapon. It's very light and I'm already getting the hang of it a little bit." She adds, "And we'll need it anyway to hunt for food along the way, right?" Y/n asks, "Right" Ray replies. "I can reuse the arrows when we manage to recover them, and with the knife, I could make new ones!" Emma says. "Yeah, a knife is useful for a lot of things. So you're going with a knife and bow?" Ray asks her and she nods before walking away. "I don't think that'll be enough if we come face to face with a demon though." Y/n says. 

"On the off chance that they find us and drive us into a corner... I want to take a gun or something, just in case." Ray tells her, "Perhaps one of these... whichever seems to be the easiest to use." He adds while looking at a few middle-sized guns. "Only one?" Y/n asks, he nods. "Yeah, just one for the three of us. The plus extra ammunition is already quite bulky, right Emma?" He asks the girl who was looking at said ammunition. "Yeah!" She says.

"So... Something like this then?" Y/n asks while showing Ray a pistol she found on one of the shelves she saw Mister pass by. "A pistol?" Emma asks, walking closer to the two. "Yeah, I found it on one of the shelves Mister passed by. I feel like it'll come in handy" Y/n informs, "But that man didn't pick any small guns like this one."Ray tells Y/n. She nods before showing him the pistol closer. "Yeah but look at this." She tells him, he let's out a small 'oh!' before smirking, "We will survive and come back to our family." Ray tells the two girl.

They both nod determined, "Right!" They say in unison.

"Okay, let's see now a knife- oh I wonder what that is..." Emma started to wander around the armory, leaving the two others behind, "Who'd knew that Emma would enjoy exploring an armory this much, huh" Y/n murmurs before feeling a weigh fall on her shoulder, she turns her head to see Ray's head leaning on her shoulder with his eyes closed. Her cheeks turn a light shade of pink without her noticing. "Ray?" She asks the raven haired boy. She hadn't noticed how tired he looked and felt a wave of gilt wash over her, 'No wonder Mister calls him sleepy cyclops.' She thinks before reaching to grab Ray's hand and pulling him to a nearby large wooden trunk and sitting on the middle of it, causing Ray to also sit next to her.

"You should probably rest a bit before we leave, we can't have you falling asleep, can we?" Y/n says teasingly. He lets out a small 'tsk' but leans his head on her shoulder, they stay like that for a while in comfortable silence. Once Y/n realizes Ray's fully asleep, she moves his head to a more comfortable position in her lap. After a while Emma approaches them confused, she was about to say something but Y/n stops her signaling her that Ray was asleep. Emma didn't see anything weird with this since Y/n and Ray used to have naps together since they were kids.

Y/n uses this chance to grab Emma's hand and pull her to the empty spot on the trunk, Emma smiles and leans her head on the (H/c)-ette's shoulder before falling asleep. Y/n leans her head on Emma's before also drifting off to sleep.

After some time had passed a certain man opens the door to find the sleeping children. He glares at the nostalgic sight before him. 'Disgusting little families...' He thinks before leaving the room once again.

***

"Thank you Anna!" Y/n thanks the blond girl who's cheeks turn pink, "What are you saying? That's the least we could do. To be honest, we all wanted to go together... Especially Don and Gilda... They're besides themselves with worries and frustrations but... They said you three were right. This is the best way to keep everyone alive and that takes priority over everything else, they really trust you guys." She tells her.

***

"Well then, we'll be back soon!" Emma says, "Make sure to not stress Gilda and Don to much, alright?" Y/n tells the younger kids. "Emma, Y/nnnn!" They sob before tackling both girls into a hug, "If you get hurt, you can't hide it!" "Make sure to annoy Mister lots for us!" "Don't push yourself too hard again, alright?!" "You too Ray! If there's danger, be a good boy and run away!" The kids continue to sob until Gilda speaks up. "Hey Mister, may I ask you something?" She asks, The man lazily turns his head to look at who was speaking. "Please bring them back safely!" She says. 

"I know this is dangerous outing for you, too... Something bad might happen that you can't escape... But precisely for this reason. Even if something happens and you need to run back here... You must bring back at least two of them alive." Gilda orders.

"That's a request, now? Sorry, girl, but because you say something it doesn't..." He replies but she cuts him off. "No, it's not. It's my expectation of you. If you don't come back with at least two of them alive, I will personally destroy this shelter." She tells him, startling the three kids before pulling them into a tight hug.

"You three come back safe and sound!! If one of you dies, I'll never ever forgive you..!" She tells them as the girls comfortably pat her in the back. "We'll come back without a single scratch on us, we promise!" Y/n tells her friend before pulling away and leaving the shelter.

Word count: 1582