The Forbidden Game pt. 2

--Y/n's POV--

'I guess it's good to follow Emma's way once in a while.' I think before placing the boy in the ground and falling to my knees, I let out a long heavy sigh before placing my ear in the ground, 'I can't hear any pursuers...' I think before standing up and smiling at the group, "Good news! We aren't being followed! Bad new, I haven't got a clue on where we are..." I tell them before feeling someone smacking me in the back of my head. 

"Idiot! Are you out of your mind?! Just when I thought you had run for it... You turn to help this kids you don't even know!! Are you stupid?!" The kid with purple hair yells at me, "She sounded a bit like my sister thouugh..." I whine, rubbing the part they hit. "You had to go and get the worst of them too, the one with the hat is no laughing matter..." She says, I let out a small 'hmm', "Are you even listening?!" They ask, pulling me out of my train of thought, "Say, this monsters... The ones that come here, are they always the same ones?" I ask them, ignoring their question.

"Yeah, why?" They say, "How many?" I once again ignore, "Five, I mean, not counting the 'attendants'." They reply, "And how many kids?" I ask, "Around 50 at most... Yeah I think that's around the number now." They answer, 'The numbers don't add up...' I think, "Do they come here to hunt every day?" I ask, "When did you get so serious..?" They murmur before answering, "No, once about 3 days, but never mind that! We don't have time to fool around! We should really get away and find a place to hide, even if they aren't tracking us right now, they will soon enough, and the other monsters could spot us and--" They say, "But what about th--" I argue but another voice cuts me off, "You go! We can deal with this!" The boy I was carrying earlier tells us, I turn to look at him. "But what about your arm--" I ask worriedly.

"Please and thank you... You really risked your life to save us, in the beginning I didn't believe it at all... I can run just fine already. Only got to rest a a little and I'll be good to go, so don't worry about me" He reassures me, still feeling worried yet didn't want to scare him, I swallow it and force a confident smile, "Alright, then let's split up and get away." I say, he smiles.

"But where to..? And you're still bleeding..." The girl says, "Oh, right!" I say before reaching for the bandages in my bag, "Just head downwind and find a place to hide, they'll have trouble picking up your scent of blood from there, or hear any noises. But try to not leave any tracks and stay warry of their tracks, if you spot any, run away before they spot you, this is all a game of chess if you think about it, always stay one move ahead and you'll win." I tell them.

"But in any good game of chess, there's always a chance that you'll be trapped, that's why you always have a back-up plan. If they still manage to find you and you can't escape, before they kill you tell them," I say, placing one hand in my waist and my index up, " 'She's the Ancient from Grace Field. First come, first served.' Understood?" I tell them sharply. "Just say something like that and you'll be fine~" I add cheerfully, "Oh, My name is Y/n! What about you guys?" I ask.

"Theo" "Monica" "Jake" They reply, "Alright then! Let's meet up again! Good luck!" I say before parting ways along with the purple haired kid. "There are five demons... the humans, 50. Replenishment is once a month and they come every three days, meaning the number of killing is limited... They  choose who to kill each time" I murmur to myself, they turn to look at me, "How do you know so much about this stuff?" They ask, I point at my ear and smile, "Escapee, remember? It wasn't like there was a red carpet waiting for us when we escaped." I explain.

"I believe my meat is the most valued here so they'll definitely want to come after me. I don't want to die here, no, more like I can't afford to die here. I'll escape from here just like I did from Grace Field by taking everyone with me, I did it once, I'll do it twice. Besides, you never know when a pawn can become a bishop" I tell them, "In that case... Weren't you a little to quick to let them go then?" They ask, "A group of five would attract too much attention, and with Theo bleeding, it'd be quite troublesome if they spotted us."

"Aren't you considerate.." They say, I let out a chuckle, "Guess it sounds selfish if I put it that way, huh. We are going upwind, it'd be much easier to find his scent if they had come with us. Their best chance of survival was going downwind without us." I explain, "But who knows, maybe there was an unknown molecule of selfishness in that decision, we'll never know. Also, I think I hurt that demon's pride a bit, so staying with me wasn't the number one safest choice either." I say, little did I know that that demon was currently whinnying his eyes out. "So that's how a Grace Field kid thinks" She murmurs which I didn't hear.

"Hey, what did you mean by 'ancient' back there?" They ask, "I figured you would have asked sooner or later" I say before letting out a small sigh, "Well..." I begin explaining them the quickest way possible.  "I see..." They murmur, "I don't exactly like the title, but I'll use it to the maximum. You should probably get away from me too, sorry for not telling you earlie-" I begin but they cut me off, "Shaddap. As if I'd let myself get killed by the likes of you." They say.

"Ouch..." I murmur, "You get it right? The crucial thing is to buy time. If we manage to stay hidden until the music plays again, we're safe for today's hunt." They explains, "I know but, there's something I'd like to investigate as we run." I say before doing a sharp turn which they follow. "They seem to be straight up ignoring the tracks we leave behind, even though they are smart. Are they really that confident? Or do they just enjoy letting us know they are around?" I say. "And?" They ask, "I want to stay one step ahead of them at the least. I'll find the kids who are to scared to run and help them." I explain.

"That's quite the gamble don't you think? Getting cocky in our situation isn't the best idea." They say, I smile. "It's been quite a while since I'd have to think to outsmart an opponent, I don't want to let my abilities rust, what's the fun in playing a game with an opponent that isn't at your level of thinking? So? Will you help me?" I ask, I stretch my hand for them to take, they let out a heavy sigh, "Dealing with you is kind of a pain, you know?" They say, "Heh, It's usually my friend the one who gets it but I guess you're right, sorry. I can't just let them play with us like toys." I reply.

"I'll help but if things go south, I'm taking you to a safe place. By force if I have to." They tell me, I clung my arm with theirs, "Aw, attached to me already?" I ask smiling, they sigh.

"Alright! Let's go save some kids!" I say cheerfully.