Phone Call?

--Y/n's POV--

"A phone call?" Lucas asks as we both stared at the ringing phone cautiously. I move closer and pick it up, "...Hello?" I say as I place the phone between Lucas and I. "This is William Minerva." The person says, catching us both by surprise. "I want to briefly convey some information to you who took this phone call, who I believe to be an escapee. First of all, I must give you my deepest apology... I'm sorry. This elevator is a 'path' that can cross over to the human world. However, it can no longer be used." The voice says, " 'No longer be used' ? What does he mea--" I ask yet get interrupted by the voice continuing it's message, "I do not know what month and year you are living in, but whenever you are hearing this recording, that elevator will no longer be working the way it once was." The voice explains.

"So it is a recording after all..." I murmur disappointed yet keep listening, "It was stopped and the 'path' was closed. It was my fault, I could not foresee my trusted confidant's betrayal. The village I made in A08-63. too. It is probably no longer safe... Because of that person, it is already ruined or paraphs you guys unfortunately already know that." He says, 'So this village was meant to be safe? Mister Minerva was in our side after all!" I mentally tell myself. 

"I want to atone for my sins," The voice adds, "My real name is James Ratri, a descendant of the family other than the ancients who made 'the promise' with them 1000 years ago. 'The second family in Sonju's story!' I think. "I am the 35th head of the family. Generation after generation, it has been the Ratri family's duty to act as mediators between the two worlds in order to maintain order in the human world. Generation after generation for the past 1000 years, we have devotedly upheld 'the promise' by raising you children as food meant to be a sacrifice. I cannot abandon my duty....."

--Timeskip brought to you by author-chan not wanting to write all the unnecessary stuff you guys already know-- 

"I'm sorry, but there's no much time left. I left the rest of the details in 'Marvin's bed'. For what has come come until now, for what will come after. You've worked very hard till now, you've probably made many painful memories. Yet you still made it here. I wanted to hear your... No, probably all your voices. I wanted to see what you looked like. There is light. Grasp it with your hands, please live. I wish you all the best of luck." Right after he said those words the message stop.

I placed the phone on the table and kneeled down, my fore head leaning on the edge with my eyes closed. I let out a heavy sigh before dropping to the floor, I place one of my hand on my eyes before speaking up, "Why's it always gotta be so tough?" I ask before sitting up, " Lucky for us, he made it easier!" I say while smiling cheerfully, Lucas offers me his hand which I accept, "Yeah... He was an ally! Choosing a place like this caused me to begin doubting, but... The situation changed and, he couldn't move around like he thought he could" Lucas says relived, My smile drops slightly as I turn to look at the elevator and walk toward it.

I place my hand on it's fence, "All that excitement for nothing... So our ally is dead, but there are others who were his allies, moreover, the places with a 'path' for coming and going..." I let out a heavy sigh once again, "To think that we escaped from the place that we wanted to get to, ironic isn't it..." I murmur before turning to look at Lucas and leaning against the elevator's fence, "Bet they'll be thrilled..." I say sarcastically before staring at the bracelet in my wrist while  thinking of the others' confused faces 'Ray...' The thought makes me smile genuinely once again. 

"But, now we need to understand how to travel there and the locations of this paths, and the existence of supporters." Lucas tells me, I nod in agreement. "Thank goodness...  Now after we leave here I can see for those kids, and that guy to escape... With this out of the way, we have finally removed the last obstacle to ending this hunting ground." he adds, I move closer and pat him in the back, "Look at you  acting like a responsible parent! Let's obtain the future we desire! Now all we have left in here is in," "Marvin's bed!" We say the last part in unison.