150146

--Y/n's POV--
--Flashback--

"So far, so smooth for now. I've got age five and above in our team." Don reports as I sat down in the infirmary's bed. "They were pretty surprised, but I think everything will be okay." Gilda adds. "We've already started training them." Don says. I smile at him and Gilda. "Thank you guys." I say. "So what do we do next? Should we tell the kids under five?" Don asks. "I'm not worried about them believing it. The problem is if they can't keep it a secret. If Mom finds out, we're screwed." I say.

"That's not the only problem, is it really possible to bring them along..?" Gilda murmurs. We  turn to look at her. "Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't believe in Norman's plan. But it's a cliff, it's winter, and Norman's not here. Even if we're out, there'll be unpredictable situations. I know it might be a little late, but I'm starting to think Ray's thinking might be correct." Gilda says. I nod, "So you're saying.." Don says, She nods. 

"If we take them along, we might get them killed." She says, "But if we leave them here they will get shipped out--" "I know! I know but.." Gilda looks down. "She has a point. Even so.. I can't bring myself to leave them.. It might be a little selfish. Ray and Gilda are correct, still, I don't want anyone else to get shipped out." I say, "Same here" Don says. "I want to take everyone. We will all run away." I say, Gilda seems to be keeping something in, "Gilda, you don't need to hold your thoughts, if you have something to say, please share it."I tell her, smiling reassuringly. Her cheeks turn a bit pink and let's it out. 

"what.. What about the kids in the other plants?" That made me flinch. "Is it okay for only us to escape..? We might have never seen them before, but there are other families who are living life as if it's normal.." She says but then looks up anxiously, "O-oh, um, Sorry!" She apologizes, I look down at the pen I was holding with a thoughtful expression. 

'What is the right choice..?' I think to myself before closing my eyes. "Bring Phil, I need to talk to him" I order.

***

"I knew it" Phil tells me as I finish telling him about everything. This caught me off guard. "So it's just like I thought" Don and Gilda had a similar reaction to mine. "I thought of it for a while. When we were playing tag with Sister, she said something about a 'harvest' and I wondered what she meant, another time, I saw her looking through Ray's bed, and when Norman left the house, I could tell you were really scared of Mom. It was all weird but I didn't know why... So then, Norman got harvested and Connie too.. and the others... That's why you guys.." He stared crying at the last part, I felt my heart shatter at Phil's reaction. I pull him into a tight hug which he returns. "Phil.." He continue to cry, I pat his head carefully, "It's okay... It's okay..". 

We stayed like that for a while. Phil was now sitting next to me in the bed. "Phil, I'm struggling between two choices right now, should I take everyone, including the babies? Or should I leave the kids under five? We only get harvested when we turn six years old, and even though Marlia's birthday is the earliest, she'll still have a year and a half. Since this house focuses on quality over quantity, the pace of harvesting should go down. In order to raise high-quality kids again, they can't kill ones with potential. That said, you and the other five who all have good scores, so it's best to let you develop to the maximum. If I had to take a guess, I'd say we have about two years." I finished. Gilda and Don panic.

"I can wait!" Phil tells them with a smile, "So just leave us behind." Phil tells us. I stare at him before reaching out to untie my hair's ribbon  . It was a a long 35-cm (Favorite color) silk strip that had my initial boarded in it's end. I hand it over to Phil, "This has been with me since I arrived at the house when I was three years old, I have grown attached to it, that's why I always wear it as a bracelet, headband, ribbon, anything. It's very important to me, that's why I'm leaving it in your care, Phil." I tell the boy as I hand it over to him.