The two worlds

--Y/n's POV--

"Nothing" He simply replies. We look at him confused. "Nothing in particular. 30 years eh... I've got no idea how you came up with that number but.. The world has been like this for a long, long time." He tells us. Me and Ray look at each other before realizing something. "Could it be-?" I say surprised. "That this isn't earth at all?" Ray finishes. Emma looks at us confused. "Huh?" She asks. "If this planet isn't earth, it would explain the absurd biology we have been seeing..." I explain.

"Nay." Sonju says. "The calendar then? The dates were a lie too? We're not on 2046 at all, but much-" Ray says but Sonju cuts him off again. "We're on planet earth, yes, and precisely in the year of 2046, well, according to the human reckoning, at least. "But then.. Why? How?" Emma asks. "I'll tell you the story of old. When the world was much bigger than it is today. It was a great world indeed. Back then there were no 'plantations' the land was huge and full of humans, and the 'demons' could pray on them to survive. The 'demons' were the hunters and the humans, the hunted. 

Some humans feared those and worshiped them, others grew vengeful and started defending themselves became hunters. In fear of being, these humans ended up killing large swathes of 'demons' who in turn started to actively begrudge the human race, too.. Endless massacres ensued. Both sides lived in terror, but there was one family of humans both sides respected and worshiped, a family that had the planet's life stream on their blood, those were respected and considered high priestess and priests in both sides, they were called 'The Ancients'. Finally, when neither sides could bear the destruction any longer, that family along with another one came together to form a proposal that would benefit both sides. 'We shall make a treaty as follows: Human beings shan't hunt 'demons' anymore. In return, 'demons' shan't hunt humans either. This world we live in shall be divided between both.'." He explained.

"Yes, that's when it all started... with that promise, the ancient contract between human beings and 'demons' sealed so long ago. It was to fulfill the promise that the world has been divided and served into two. We live in the half allotted to the 'demon' side back then. So no, nothing in particular happened here. This place never belonged to humans." He tells us. "Incidentally, you, the plantation children, are a parting gift left behind by your ancestors along with The Ancients who also voted to stay in this side to keep order owing to this side having stronger life energy that needed to be kept stable." He says.

"Left behind..?" Ray mutters. "'Demons shan't hunt humans...' So as to keep that promise, they've thenceforth been keeping you as life stock. And the plantations are institutions responsible for managing cattle. Among them, Grace field house is considered to be one of the very best grades. It's the top-ranking plantation... Among countless others, of all sizes and types. It's been some thousand of years since the contract was sealed. Nothing much has changed since then. I'm afraid such is the world that you've escaped into. That you were born into." He finishes. We stay quiet for a few seconds before cheering. 

"Oh yes! We can do it!" Emma cheers happily, I smile brightly letting out a breath I didn't knew I was holding. Sonju looks at us confused, as if he was expecting us to drown in despair after knowing the truth. "It's the worst case scenario! but after that..! " Emma says. "Right! A lot is still up in the air, but the situation's way better than we expected!" Ray says. "Right! There is a world humans can live in! There's another world somewhere and it's safe from demons!" I say joyfully.

"Yeah! We have a reason to go back for Phil and the others! Somewhere to take them!" Ray says. "..ah.. Nay... I hate to ruin your hopes but... There's no way to cross into the human world, 'There shall be no crossing from either side.' That was also part of the contract, meaning-" He tells us but Emma cuts him off, "That's okay, we'll find a way." She tells him, I nod. "We just got to find a way to cross over." I say, "The small details are not stopping us." Ray adds.