Flee

"Lucas said he'd follow shortly. He's currently destroying the monitors and he took out one enemy, we also encountered one on our way here but—" Rossi said but was cut off by Y/n, "Rossi, the radio." She reminded him, he handed it to her as Emma gave the exhausted boy some water 'An enemy communicatory?' Ray thought.

"We heard it all, on our way, Andrew— whom I ran into earlier, kept sending orders. They no longer care about capturing all of you harmless, this time they're aiming for a slaughter." Y/n reported, stopping for a few seconds as she placed the pistol back in her bag and opened the radar once again to check if everyone was present.

" The surface team was placed guarding 'exit 2' while the teams placed on the south corridor and north corridor were moved to the central west side." She said, Ray thought of the information given to them for a second,  "That means, given the enemy's position right now, the north corridor..." He thought out loud, "That's where we can pass through!" Emma gasped, earning a nod from Y/n.

'It's a good thing we ran into the guy heading for the north side but...' Rossi thought as he caught a side glance of Y/n who was staring off into space. 

    "ROSSI!!" Y/n shouted, she managed to push the boy to the ground and thanks to that, the bullet rose past the back of his head, cutting off a few hairs. The next thing Rossi heard were two more bangs being fired, out of instinct he curled into a ball position using his hands to cover his head and preparing for the impact that never came.

Fear crawled up his spine as he realized what could've happened to his older sister. He quickly stood up and called out her name. He sighs in relief when he sees Y/n's back standing next to him, sadly it lasted only a few seconds when he saw the trembling on her hands. 

"A-are you okay, Y/n?"  Rossi asks, thinking of the worst. He walked closer to her to see what she was staring at but was stopped by Y/n raising a hand in front of him. She tilted her head a bit to make eye contact with him and offered him a small smile with kind eyes, face pale as a sheet.

"We should hurry up now." Y/n said, blocking the sight from the boy who was smart enough to know what it meant.

Rossi gulped before being pulled out of his thoughts. "But, why would they choose a formation with such weak point?" Oliver asked as they discussed their survival plan. "Lucas said something about it, that maybe the enemy doesn't know about the weapon room below the dining hall, and the secret telephone room, and so..." Rossi recommended, 'That's it!!' Emma, Ray, Oliver, and Y/n thought. 

"Where did you say Lucas was in right now?" Emma asked, "Breaking the monitors, he also said he'd 'clear' the normal exit once he was done." Y/n responded without looking at her, "Oh, that bastard..." Yuugo said under his breath with a hint of pride. "Let's go for it!" Emma stated. Ray reaches to grab Y/n's hand, causing her to look at their intertwined hands.  Ray offers her a small smile but in return all he saw were glassy eyes that refused to meet his, he felt as if he had just been hit on the stomach while guilt flooded his senses. 'If we want to save our comrades—our family, we're going to have to kill them all, I don't care, I'm sure Y/n knew this too, but I never thought she'd have to...' Soon enough they started running once again.

"I'm sorry." He whispered loud enough for her to hear, "I'm so sorry." He repeated, "Why are you apologizing, silly?" She asked with a forced light laugh, "If I had been there I could have done it mysel—" "Don't say that, we can't change what happened so don't worry about it." She reassured ineffectively, "Besides I don't think now's the right time—" She is cut off by Ray, "You promised." He reminded her, causing her eyes to widen for a second as she remembered their promise a few months  back.