021145 and 031145

♚ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ♟ ♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙

-- Y/n's POV--

I made my way to the dinning hall for lunch, trying to stay calm I see Emma waiting for me at the entrance. "Y/n? Are you okay? You look pale" Emma asks me worriedly. "Sister Krone is dead." I simply murmur looking down at the floor. Without even looking at her I can tell her face had gone white. 

I pull her into a tight hug, which she returns. We stay like that for a few seconds, before I pull away. I do my best to clear my mind and smile brightly at her. "Alright! Let's go!" I tell her before grabbing her wrist and dragging her to our table where Norman and Ray where waiting for us. Once we sat down, I quietly told them what happened and that I no longer worked for Mom. 

When we finished, We went outside for a quick review. "Let's review, Norman, Emma, and Y/n will climb the wall to inspect the vicinity. Don, Gilda, you two stay outside where you can see the second floor window on the house's second floor. Just in case I fail to distract Mom, I'll signal you. That's when you go tell the others to cancel the inspection."

***

Norman, Emma, and I where running through the forest toward vicinity. Once we are there Emma climbs the tree and takes out the rope. "Y/n, catch!" She tells me before throwing them to me, I grab them and she jumps off the tree. We then hear someone  approaching I take out my radar to see who it was then quickly signal Emma, she grabs the bag from me and throws it into near by bushes. We quietly wait for the person walking toward us. "Why is she..." Emma murmurs.

"Ten years. That's how long we've been living together. But this is the first time we've talked without any of us acting." She tells us. The tension in the air growing stronger by the second. I close my radar and place it back in my skirt's pocket. "Nice to meet you, Emma. Nice to meet you, Norman. Good to see you again, Y/n." We stare at her with shock in our faces. There was a short pause before Mom started laughing. "Come on, You can relax. It's just us. There isn't anyone else here. You don't have to pretend to be good kids who don't know anything, right now, it's just a caretaker taking care of her children meant to be food." She tells us, however this just made us more tense.

"But please don't misunderstand, I loved everyone of the children I've raised. I truly adore you, I love you all as if you were my own children. That's why I want you to give up." She tells us. "You want us.." I murmur, "To give up?" Norman finishes. "Give up resisting." She simply says. "Because I love you all, and I don't want you to suffer, and I specially don't want to be the cause of your suffering." She tells us and then smiles.

"It's a happy life, isn't it? You get to live in a warm house filled with delicious food and love. If you can stay oblivious to the truth, you are able to die feeling satisfied. What part of this is unhappy?" She asks us. "A happy life?" I murmur looking down. "Tell me, is the happiness you speak of similar to the one the older siblings that raised us met?" I ask her and feel Norman grab my hand. 

"Death happens in an instant. Until that moment, Connie and the others lived a rich life full of smiles and laughter." She answers. "What's the point if they are all fake smiles? We will live freely, then we'll decide what happiness is!" Emma yells but Norman stops her. "It's impossible to escape, It's dangerous outside, too, It's full of despair. Okay? Let's live together happily inside our home, until the end, when your time runs out. I want the six of you to be happy" She finishes offering her hand out to us.

"Five not three..?" I whisper, Emma, Norman, and I exchange worried looks but then the three of us look down and Norman replies, "Alright Mom" He tells her, she smiles at him pleasantly. "I'll quit being a good boy." He adds, managing to distract her for half a second. That's when I quickly launch at her, "Go Emma!" I tell her as I hugged Mom's waist with all my will to stop her from moving.