2. meeting madmax

MEETING MADMAX

MEETING MADMAX

・゚: * Steve burrows under the covers as Eleanor bursts into his room early morning.

"I'm going to school now!" She shouts, pulling the covers off his body.

He mumbles some words before shoving his face into his pillows.

"If I get hit by a car on the way there, you're gonna regret your last words to me being 'mnmnm,'" Nora walks over to his closet for a jacket.

"How about, 'stop stealing my stuff before I start forcing you to drive with me,'" he lifts his face for a second before smushing it back to it's original position.

"You don't go to school anyways," she squints her eyes and tries a jacket on in front of the floor-length mirror.

"Exactly," he mumbles.

Nora sighs. She isn't a nerd per say. Math is her least favorite subject! Well. . . Science is her favorite - but that was only because of Mr. Clarke! Hanging out with Will, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin ruined her street-cred. If she weren't Steve "The Hair" Harrington's sister, her and her friends probably wouldn't have survived past sixth grade.

"Now," he turns over so his back was to her, the blanket still on the ground. "Go to school and actually learn stuff. One of us has to be the smart one in the family."

"Love you too, Stevie," she grins, adjusting her clothes and heading out the door.

"Gimme my jacket back!"

"See you later!"

・゚: * "Meet the human brain," Mr. Clarke starts the lesson by placing a plastic brain on the table at the front of the room.

Nora's sitting in the first row, next to Dustin, while Mike sits behind him, Will beside Mike. "I know. I know, doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this: there are a hundred billion cells inside this miracle of evolution, all working as one. No, no, I did not misspeak. I did not stutter. A hundred billion."

Nora finds it almost annoying how passionately Mr. Clarke spoke about science. He seems like the type to explain how special effects in horror movies work.

Snapping her out of her rude thoughts was the sudden opening of the door.

"Ah, this must be our new student," Mr. Clarke smiles warmly.