44. warzone or weirdzone

WARZONE OR WEIRDZONE

・゚: * "Nor! Nora! Nora, I swear to God if you don't wake up right now-"

"What is all this?!"

"What are you talking about?! What are you looking for?!"

"Music!"

"This. Is. Music!"

"Real music! C'mon, Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles-"

"If mini Harrington's favorite song isn't by Metallica then we have more pressing matters on our hands."

"I love Disposable Heroes," Nora finds herself mumbling as she blinks against the harsh light of Eddie's trailer.

"Oh my God, Nor," Max's voice comes from Nora's right as she gathers her bearings and feels the redhead's arms around her as she lays in her lap.

"Nancy," Nora sits up completely now. The older girl got chased into a separate room while Nora was left running through the halls of what could only be the lab El came from.

It was terrifying to be running through the piles of dead bodies - children's bodies.

And she had no idea where Nancy had gone. Had Vecna - or Henry - or One - or whatever - had he gotten her?!

"She's okay!" Steve yells from the other side of the gate that Max and Nora are still sitting beside.

The others start walking through the small hall from Eddie's room at the new voices.

"What about Nora?" Steve shouts up right after.

"I'm fine," the younger girl peaks her head under the opening in the ceiling. "I think," she mumbles quietly to herself after.

・゚: * "He showed us things. . . that haven't happened yet," Nancy tells the group as they've all reconvened around a table in the living room.

"The most awful things," Nora stares, still in shock, her tone not as ominous, so kinda killing the vibe.

She sits at the foot of the chair Nancy's on the edge of, Erica, Steve, and Eddie on the couch across from them, Max standing to her right, Lucas a bit further off, and Dustin and Robin to the left.

"There was. . . a dark cloud, spreading over Hawkins," Nancy continues telling her recollection of what happened as Nora gets lost in her own thoughts.

It was so terrifying. So dark, and fiery, and she saw. . . she saw Steve - and Mike, and Lucas, and Dustin, and Will, and El. . . and Max. . . and everyone else, and they were all-

"He was just trying to scare you guys," Steve looks up protectively. "Right? I mean. . . it's not real."

"Not yet," Nora mumbles, ever the optimist. "There was something else."

"The gates," Nancy catches on. "Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the ones outside of Eddie's trailer. But. . . they didn't stop growing."

"Four chimes," Max states when Nancy's done with her explanation. Everyone shifts their gazes to look at her. "Vecna's clock, it always chimes four times. . . . He's been telling us his plan this entire time."

The group goes back and forth to decide their next move, Nancy and Dustin trying convince the others they have to go back into the Upside Down and defeat Vecna for good, Steve and partially Nora trying to express that's a terrible idea as they don't want to die.

"We don't know when he's going to attack next," Robin is on the anti-Upside Down side as she doesn't want to go through all the trouble just for Vecna to be taking a nap at that time. "We don't even know who."

"Yeah, we do," Max speaks up. "I can still feel him. I'm still marked. Cursed. I ditch Kate Bush, I draw his focus back to me. . ."

"Max." Nora interrupts before the redhead can go where she thinks she's going. "You can't. He'll kill you." I almost lost you once I can't do it again.

"I survived before, I can survive again," she says with finality.

・゚: * "The War Zone," Eddie drops a newspaper on the table they've all gathered around, pointing at an ad for some store. "I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh, well, killing things, basically."

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns in there?" Robin stares skeptically. "Is that a grenade?" she suddenly points to the picture in the logo. "How is any of this legal?!"

"Well, lucky for us, it is, so. . ." he trails off as Nora looks at the address.

"This is outside of Hawkins. They're probably stopping cars and shit with. . . everything going on," she tries saving herself from striking a nerve with Eddie and his whole "on the run serial killer" thing.

"We'll just steer clear of the main roads," he solves easily. "No cops, and no angry hicks."

"If want to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the 'War Zone,'" Erica points out rightfully so.

"Normally, I'd agree," Nancy straightens up, ready to go. "But we need the weapons. So, I think it's worth the risk."

"Me too," Lucas nods.

"But is it worth time?" Dustin presents a new problem. "It'll take all day to bike there and back."

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asks cryptically.

"You got a secret car we don't know about?" Steve questions.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. . . and it's not exactly mine, but, uh, it'll do," he then turns to Max and Nora who are standing next to each other. "Hey, either of you a ski mask, or, uh, bandana or something?"

Nora shakes her head no, knowing all of her belongings like the back of her hand, while Max slowly nods. . . probably up to something.

a/n:
🙂🙂🙂