*38. my first shootout

MY FIRST SHOOTOUT

MY FIRST SHOOTOUT

✧・゚: * "What the hell was that?" Jonathan hisses, putting his arms out to stop Nora and Max from walking down the stairs any further as as soon as the front door opened, a gunshot went off.

"Shit!" Max jumps immediately grabbing Nora's hand and pulling up the stairs slowly as the other security dude started shooting at the guy who shot his partner.

"We gotta go!" Jonathan yells over the gunshots, as Mike and Will rush downstairs now too, the group now running into the den off the living room before their in a direct line of fire.

"Shit! Shit!" Mike is the last pushed into the room before suddenly the window shatters open.

"Go! Run!" Jonathan then pushes them out, away from the area.

"Move! Move!" The security guys yells at them to hide behind him and the wall in front of the front door, gunshots still ringing through the door and Nora using both hands to cover her ears as everyone yells over each other and the sound of glass breaking.

"There! Shit!" Will yells as another guy dressed in camouflage and armor come through from the room they were just in, hitting the security guy to get him to shoot him.

"Shit!" Nora finds Max's body, the two girls attempting to cover each other from flying bullets but failing tremendously.

"Follow. Me," the security guy attempts staying calm, but Nora still feels like she's going to be shot any second now.

"Okay," Mike tries playing along, but Nora manages to see the way he's gripped Will's arm.

They form a conga line looking thing as Jonathan grabs the back of the security guy's shirt, his other hand holding Max's wrist as Max holds Nora's hand who's holding Mike's jacket sleeve who's holding Will's hand.

They're about to go into the kitchen to use the back entrance when the door suddenly bursts open and more gunshots ring through the air.

"Back! Move back!" Someone yells as they all hide behind the small counter, Nora and Max immediately kneeling down as Mike and Will stand around them, Jonathan's arms around the two.

"What the hell is going on?!" Mike manages to shout what everyone is thinking over the gunshots and other screams.

"Just stay there," the security dude state as he goes out from behind the wall and into open fire. "Get down!" He circles around the group reflexively listen and hide under the counter.

Nora's vision is obstructed as she keeps her head down, one hand held tightly onto what she assumes is Max's hand and the other holding her head whether to protect herself or cancel out the noise, she's not really sure, because she doesn't think either is working.

"I shoot, you run!" He announces, and Nora doesn't need to be told twice as they all grab each other's hands and sprint for the front door, ducking over to avoid the bullets still being shot at them.

They make it outside and all follow Jonathan as he stops right at the drivers side door of Argyle's van, yelling at him to stop the car.

Nora and Max are now holding hands, Nora unsure how her backpack stayed on this whole time and Max managed to grab her own bag just in time, but they're not safe yet as they go around the van and all crawl in behind Mike and Will who are carrying the security dude who got shot in all the commotion in between them.

"Is that real blood, man?" Argyle stares as they all collapse in the back, clearly taken aback by the rando bleeding out in the back of the van and the way a bit of his blood has gotten onto everyone.

"Drive!" They all shout simultaneously, needing to get out of the area, not willing to answer questions as they all sit out of breath.

"Okay, okay, but. . . Oh my God. Why is that guy holding a gun?!" Argyle rushes out as he sees one of the camo guys run out of the house and towards them.

"Drive!" They say again, with more urgency if even possible.

"Okay, okay!" Argyle starts off, whatever quirky song he was playing on the way here still on the radio.

a/n:
this one's short I didn't rlly know how to transition I'll post the next chapter soon 👍