17. honey, i'm home

HONEY, I'M HOME

HONEY, I'M HOME

・゚: * Nora, Max, Lucas, Will, El, and Mike are all hiding behind a wall in the Henderson Household.

Dustin is coming home today, and the gang had a brilliant idea to surprise him. They ignore all his radio calls as he enters within range, and then El will do her cool El stuff, and they'll all jump out carrying a homemade sign.

It's gonna be great!

They all quiet down as they hear a car pull into the driveway. Dustin's footsteps are heavy as he walks up the stairs, and the group can hear him flop down onto his bed. Mike signals to El, who then starts to make all robots beep and move to where they're waiting.

"Now," Mike whispers and all the noise stops. The party slowly creeps over behind Dustin who's kneeling, examining the toys.

With a count down on her fingers, Max mouths 'one,' and they all blow into the noise makers.

Dustin screams and turn around, spraying his Farrah Fawcett spray. . . directly into Lucas' face.

Nora laughs.

The two boys scream at each other until Dustin finally comes to his senses, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Holy shit!"

"Oh, my God," Max rushes over to the distressed Lucas. "Are you okay?"

"No!" Lucas shouts. "What the hell!" His hands stay over his face.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" Dustin yells as Max pushes Lucas out of the room to clean his eyes. "Thanks for the banner though! It's nice!"

Dustin looks at the other five and smiles. They smile back. Safer this way.

"How was camp?" Nora asks, trying move past the kerfuffle.

Dustin's face lights up. "Amazing! I made so many cool things! I have to show you guys! C'mon!" He carries his duffel bags off to his room as everyone else follows him. Putting one on a table, he pulls out two devices. "I call it. . . the Forever Clock," he holds up something like a miniature windmill. "Powered by wind. Very useful in the apocalypse."

Dustin hands it to Will who examines it from all angles before putting back on the table, watching Dustin present his next invention.

"Then, I give you. . . the Slammer!" Dustin holds up something like a regular hammer, but them he presses a button and moves a little. Wow. "Pretty neat, huh?" But this. . . this is my masterpiece."