22. code leave me alone

CODE LEAVE ME ALONE

CODE LEAVE ME ALONE

・゚: * Nora groans at the sound of radio static waking her up in the morning.

"Do y-you. . . cop. . . Code re. . .d- repe- Nora. . . Copy? Co- red. . ."

After the voice doesn't give up for awhile, Nora slides out from her bed, Max and El shifting on her left, and grabs the radio.

"Shut. Up."

Nora goes back to the bed and Max puts her arm around her abdomen, keeping her in place.

The phone starts ringing and Nora sighs as she rolls out of Max's grip and falls to the ground.

"I'm sleeping! Go away!" She yells into the phone. She's about to slam it into the receiver but Mike on the other end catches her attention. "What are you talking about?"

"What?" Max slowly looks up, opening her eyes against the harsh light.

"What did he say?" El also looks over.

Nora sets the phone down with a confused face. "It was Mike. He wants us to come over. Apparently, it's important, and it could be a matter of life and death, whatever the hell that means."

Max sighs, "they'll just keep calling we don't go."

"We should go," El agrees.

Nora groans and goes to her dresser to take out clothes for the girls. "This better not be a prank."

・゚: * Once the girls got to Mike's house, they go down to the basement and Will immediately starts explaining upon seeing them.

"I didn't think it was anything at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it. The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead."

"Power went out that night too," Mike points out.

"And then I felt it again at the field near Nelson Farm the next day," by now everyone was sitting on the couch and floor, looking up at Will on a stool. "Then again, yesterday, outside Castle Byers."

"What does it feel like?" Max asks curiously.

"It's almost like. . ." Will tries to think of the right words. "Y'know when you drop on a roller coaster?"

"Yeah."

"Sure."

"I guess."