16. the movies

THE MOVIES

THE MOVIES

・゚: * Summers in Hawkins are Eleanor Harrington's favorite time of year.

During the day, she can wake up as late she wants to and take all the time in the world to get ready.

She normally meets Mike, Will, Lucas, and Max at the newly built mall a few minutes from her house. Steve has snagged a job there (something about having to learn responsibility because of their dad), and he always gives them discounted ice cream and shortcuts around the mall.

He also works with a senior girl, Robin Buckley, who Nora thinks is the coolest girl in the world. . .

The only people who know about her interest in girls (she's recently learned the term "bisexual" which has a nice ring to it) is Steve, Dustin, and Will after he told her about his own sexuality questioning. So, Nora has just focused on getting better at hiding herself. . . especially around Lucas and Max.

The two are the poster-board of on-and-off relationships. Five breakups. Five. It's wonder they're even still together.

Nora's crush on Max has simmered down, but she isn't sure if the feelings are going away or she's just getting better at acting like they aren't there.

Nonetheless, she and Max hang out as much as possible, sitting in obscure places during the night, just staring up at the sky.

Max and El are still iffy around each other, but Nora tries to ignore all that when she forces the three of them to hang out.

It is always in Hopper's house, seeing as El is never allowed to leave, but the party manages to make it work.

Especially Mike, who spends all his time either being with El or talking about being with El.

Nora isn't sure what they do all that time, and she is quick to shut El down whenever she tries to talk about it.

So, while Mike, El, Lucas, and Max are doing whatever it is they do together (once again, Nora does not care to find out), and Dustin is at his science summer camp thing, Nora and Will spend more and more time together.

Will teaches Nora D&D rules - Nora is quite the professional now - and Nora teaches Will how to not be a nerd and teach D&D rules to people - still a work in progress.

At the moment, Nora, Max, Lucas, and Will are standing at the entrance to the mall, waiting impatiently for Mike to show up. The movie started at 8, it is 8:10 now, and Nora is ready to castrate Mike if he ever shows up.