21. wonder women

WONDER WOMEN

WONDER WOMEN

・゚: * El is riding on the back of Nora's light pink bike while Max rides beside them on her yellow one. The rain is still pouring down and Nora still wants to be at home, under her covers, preferably with Max.

As the girls pull up to Heather's house, they drop their bikes in the lawn and walk up to the front door. El narrows her eyes at the doorknob and it clicks unlocked and slowly swings open. They then lower their raincoat hoods as the step into the house.

Soft music fills the girl's ears and they slowly make their way through the foyer, past hallways of pictures of Heather and her family.

"This is her house," Max confirms. "Heather's house."

A faint laugh is heard from the other side of the hallway, and the girls don't even have to share a look before making their way to that part of the house.

They walk into what seems to be the dining room, and Nora instantly freezes in embarrassment.

Billy's sitting with who must be Heather's parents, laughing and pouring wine.

The room goes silent except for the music as the trio walks in.

"Max," Billy's weirdly real looking smile only drops a little.

"We didn't mean to. . . barge in," Max starts, clearly as surprised as Nora and El. "We tried to knock. . ."

". . . Probably hard to hear. . . over the storm," Nora tries to finish as Max stutters over her words.

"I'm sorry," Mr. Heather's Dad speaks up, voice loud. "Who is this dripping all over my living room right now?"

Billy chuckles a little, "I'm sorry. Janet, Tom, this. . . is my sister, Maxine."

"Oh!" Janet smiles.

Billy stands from the table, keeping his creepy eyes on the three girls. "What on earth are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Max stiffens under his close stare.

"We just wanted to make sure everything was okay," she answers.

Billy's smile drops, "okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?"

"Where is she?" El responds instead.

"I'm sorry," Billy turns to her. "Where is who?"

The door to the kitchen suddenly burst open, and in walks the girl from the photo El had snatched up. Nora furrows her brows as Heather carries in a tray of cookies, completely healthy looking.