*42. i'm never having kids

I'M NEVER HAVING KIDS

✧・゚: * Nora has to hold back a laugh as she watches Mike get hit in the forehead with a sticky arrow shot by a two foot tall toddler in war paint and a kilt.

They push through the chaotic house belonging to Suzie, Nora ignoring the way she's probably going to have bruises on her legs from the amount of small people running into them and was that a snake that just crawled through the vent?

"Mormons," Max says quietly from beside her, mostly talking to herself.

"Is that a thing?" Nora looks curious, hearing her words.

"That Mormons have a lot of kids? Yeah, they 'value family' and shit," Max gives a quick history lesson as they follow Mike and Will up the stairs after they asked where Suzie was.

"Interesting," Nora nods.

"Is it?" Mike says, overhearing their conversation.

"Yes," Nora says simply, hating when he disagreed with her. Who does he think he is?

"Okay," Mike just turns back around as he realizes Nora won't entertain his need to be right all the time.

They go up a thousand more stairs before walking into Suzie's empty room.

Before Nora's spirits are deterred, Mike leads them to the window where they all peek their heads out together to see Suzie messing with some satellite thing on her roof.

"Suzie!" Will calls to get her attention.

"Yeah?" She replies, turning to look at the source of the sound. "Who the heck are you?" She looks taken aback. "And what are you doing in my room?!"

"That's fair," Mike gives in.

"We're Dustin's friends," Nora explains. "We need your help."

Suzie complies and comes back into the bedroom where they all fill her in on the story.

Some of the story.

"So, the Nina Project is a code name for some video game?" Suzie asks from her spot on her bed as everyone else stands in front of her - except for Nora who's also on the bed, sifting through Suzie's various stuffed animals.

"Video game console," Nora says, picking up a greenish teddy bear to inspect it and it's eye patch closer, somehow managing to keep the story straight.

"Basically America's answer to Nintendo," Mike nods along.

"Americantendo," Argyle says.

"That's a stupid name," Suzie stares.

"That is a stupid name," Mike says pointedly.

"But it's sixteen-bit," Nora says, not quite sure what it means but having heard it enough times from Dustin and Will to know it's interesting.

"Sixteen-bit?!" Suzie seems interested by this. "Why have I never heard of it.

"Because it's top-secret," Max assures. "That's why we're doing this."

"Yeah, it's, uh, it's for the promotion," Mike carries on the story. "First people to find the location get a. . ."

"Americantendo?" Nora offers, knowing it'll piss Mike off.

"Americantendo," he sighs annoyed, knowing he has no choice but to go along before Suzie gets suspicious.

Once they've established Suzie is willing to help, they learn the unfortunate truth of the fact that her computer was confiscated, and, naturally, obviously, have to break the trust of Suzie's father and get access to it.

They come up with their complex plan and carry it out and now Nora stands with Max, Jonathan, Mike, and Will as they all crowd around Suzie who says weird computer terms like "IP" and "Internet."

"Can you print this?" Mike asks as longitude and latitude points come up. In Nevada.

"No, my skills end at IP geolocation," Suzie stares at him as he just stares back blankly, causing her to sigh and turn to press a button, starting her printer.

"You were being sarcastic," Mike says.

"No," Suzie replies back, handing him the printed piece of paper.

"Dustin was right," Will starts as they all rush out of the house before Suzie's dad catches them. "You're a certified genius."

Suzie just smiles shyly as they walk to the van.

"I think we spooked a skunk," she then says, looking in the direction of the van where an intense amount of smoke is coming out.

They all walk closer to the back, Nora slightly concerned with how unfazed she's gotten to the smell of weed as Jonathan opens the back of the van, Argyle sitting with a bong to his mouth, his arm around Suzie's older sister, Eden.

"Oh, hey, guys."

a/n:
Nora would never say it but she thinks Eden is hot af anyway sorry this is short but can we talk ab the way suzie did more in her ten mins of screen time than the whole group did in all their scenes 🙂 anyway new chapter out soon since this one was only Suzie (not that there's anything wrong w that, I just know my audience yk) sorry I talk so much (channeling my inner Nora 🤔) but previously mentioned school crush and I do volleyball together and we're literally like this 🤞🤞 love is in the air, guys do u hear wedding bells? that might also be the fact that next chapter is the weird car scene where Mike is stupid and doesn't realize Will crying right next to him so u know that means Max and Nora are gonna have a convo that for some reason no one else pays attention to 😆😆😆