29. what is a griswold

WHAT IS A GRISWOLD

WHAT IS A GRISWOLD

・゚: * Mike and Max help El to Nancy's car as El winces at her leg again. Nora opens the car door, letting Mike and El into the very back. From there, Nora, Max, Lucas, and Will squeeze into the middle while Nancy and Jonathan sit in the front.

Nancy turns the key in the ignition, but the engine simply sputters in response. She forces the key continuously but engine refuses to comply.

"You can't serious! Come on!" She exclaims.

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?" Lucas asks exasperated.

"Yes," Nancy sighs annoyed. "I'm sure it's fine."

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will tries troubleshooting.

"No!"

"Do we have gas?" Lucas questions.

"Yes!" Nancy aggressively turns the key again. "Come on!"

Jonathan reaches forward, stopping the brunette from further assaulting the car. "Stop, stop! Pop the hood!"

Nancy obeys as Jonathan gets out of the car. He observes the engine, Nancy stepping out with him. After a few seconds, a sudden engine revving from their right catches everyone's attention. A blue Camaro in the center of the abandoned parking lot flashes it's headlights.

Billy.

"Back in the mall! Back in the mall!" Nancy taps the glass as the kids eyes widen at the sight.

Everyone rushes out, tripping over each other in their hurry. Nora and Mike grab El with Max's help, and they all run into Starcourt.

Mike instantly reaches for a walkie talkie, trying to reach Dustin and the rest of the "Scoops Troop." Lucas grabs his slingshot, and Nancy takes a gun from one of the dead Russians, checking how many rounds there are.

"You're gonna kill him, aren't you?" Max flinches beside Nora.

"This is just a precaution, okay?" Nancy frowns.

"And not just against Billy," Will assures. "If he knows we're here, so does the Mind Flayer."

Nora places a light hand on Max's shoulder and the redhead smiles softly at the reassurances.

Nancy looks around at the car El had flipped over. "No chance that thing'll drive, right?" She laughs softly.

"We don't need it to drive," Jonathan shakes his head, eyes widening as a plan unravels. "We just need the ignition cable."