18. girl's day out

GIRL'S DAY OUT

GIRL'S DAY OUT

・゚: * The night before with Dustin has been blocked out of Nora's mind. The two were brainstorming for a few minutes before Dustin's mind - somehow - went to Russians.

Nora decided to call it a night at that point.

Just recently, the doorbell rang and Nora fell off her bed and onto the floor.

"Ugh."

She slowly gets up and fumbles to her door, then fumbles down the steps, then fumbles to the entrance, and fumbles with the front door doorknob.

"El?" Nora stares at the girl with a frown.

"Where is Max?" El says in greeting, looking at Nora with wide eyes.

"At home?" Nora shakes her head. "Does Hopper know you're out?"

"Take me to her?" El asks instead of answering.

Nora squints her eyes a little, still lost on the whole thing. "Yeah?"

El nods and makes a move to leave, "Let's go."

"Wait- what? Wait, I have to change first!" Nora immediately wakes up completely and pulls El in before she walks off.

Still confused with whole situation, she drops El onto her couch, makes a "stay" motion with her hand, and sprints upstairs to brush her hair, wash her face, and throw on random clothes.

Ten minutes. New record.

"Okay," Nora buckles up her belt as she comes down the steps, trying not to trip over her untied shoelaces. "Why do you need Max?"

"Explain on the way," El jumps up at the sight of the disheveled girl and starts out the door again.

Nora runs after the girl and locks the door frantically behind her. "El!"

・゚: * "-and then, he said he- he said he missed me. And then, he just hung up," El explains as her and Nora sit on Max's bed while Max paces in front of them.

After a, "I never really liked him," and "I know we've been friends since kindergarten, but he's still annoying," from Nora, the group collectively agreed to stop listening to her inputs.

She doesn't blame them.

"He's a piece of shit," Max announces, turning to the girls.