43. Leaving

Kate's POV

What just happened, what did we just do. I don't know how to explain that. But I can truly say that that was amazing. I don't know if it was due to the fact that it was with a girl or because it was with Sam.

"What", Sam chuckles.

We lay in bed snuggled together and our legs tangled.

"I was just thinking", I say tracing her toned stomach.

"About", she drags wanting me to finish.

I look up at her, into her eyes that beam with happiness. I haven't seen this look on her face since the day we became roomies.

"A week after you left I was sad and angry at everything and everyone".

She pushes my hair back, behind my ear as I continue.

"I dated every guy that asked me out just to fill that emptiness inside me but nothing helped. There wasn't a day that went by where I didn't think of you. College came along and I was so happy. All the anger I had was gone the moment I layed eyes on you, but that was short lived. You'd always keep me at arms length and only showed interest when I got upset over a breakup. Next thing I knew, I was invisible again". 

"You aren't invisible and you never were", she says planting a kiss in my hand.

Looking at Sam and hearing those words from her, my heart skipped a beat. She just knows when to say the most touching things. I claimed her lips as my own, soft and sweet. The kiss grew hotter and a little playful.

"Now its my turn", I whisper climbing on top of her.

Sam and I haven't left this room all day. She had left to fix us something for dinner so we can eat in bed. Sam had called the office telling them that I was sick and wasn't able to show. Of course I scolded her for doing that, but it was a good call.

I didn't want to leave her just yet. We both knew that after leaving this room, we'll then be faced with reality. A life where she's just my best friend and I'm with Dylan. Speaking of, he's left me a few messages and missed calls.

Dylan : last night was amazing
            : babe
            :hello you there
   Missed call
            :dropped by the school they said you didn't come in for work.
   Missed call
            :Are you home
   Missed call
            :why aren't you answering

He's already started looking for me. I should call before he decides to search for me here. So I do just that.

"Kate" he answered a bit urgently.

"Hey babe.. I'm sorry I was a bit busy with work".

"I went to school they said you didn't come in today, that you called in sick, are you okay, want me to com-".

"No", I shouted.

"Sorry, I mean I'm okay, I lied to get a day off because I'm behind on paperwork".

"Ohh lying now are we Kate, someone needs a spanking".

"Whatever, I need the time to catch up with my work".

"Or.. I can come over, open the door my hands are a bit full".

My heart leapt out of my chest at the proclamation.

"Yo.. Your at the door right now".

"yeah open up", he says seductively.

Shiit, was all can say or think in this moment.

"Uhh give me a minute ill be right there", I said making haste out of Sam's room and into mine.

I quickly got out of Sam's shirt, tossing it into the closet and threw one of mine on. Speed walking out of the room, I made a bee line for the door.

Quickly running my hands through my hair to tidy it up a bit before opening the door, I'm welcomed with a smiling Dylan holding bags of Thai food.

"Dylan ", I exclaimed going for a peck on the lips.

He welcomes me, wrapping his arms around me squeezing me closer to him. My entire body now pressed against his and his tongue enters my mouth exploring every inch.

I can feel his hard member twitch near my stomach. This, isn't going to end well. We stop in need of air. Soon after I loud noise comes from the kitchen. Worried, I excused myself, making my way to the kitchen.

"Sam, are you alright", I asked.

Sam's not a clumsy person
I hear some curses from her direction.

"I'm fine", she yells back popping up from behind the counter.

Dylan enters the kitchen with Thai food in hand. He pecks my cheek before placing them onto the counter and greets Sam.

"Hello", she says indifferently, not really taking notice of his presence.

She tosses pieces of glass that she collected, into the garbage bin.

"Let me hel-"

"I've got it Kate", she shouted.

At that I jumped, surprised at her response. She begins picking up the remaining large pieces.

"Fuck", she curses. I look in her direction alarmed at what had happened, only to see her hand now covered in blood. Making my way to her to assess her injury, she blatantly brushes me off. She's upset with me, of course she's upset and I don't have a clue on how to make it better. Drops of blood now on the floor. She cradles her hand, quickly making her way to the sink to run water on it.

Meantime, Dylan already has plates out containing various assortments of dishes resembling a chef making last adjustments of his handiwork.

"Okay now I'll just set these babies on the table and we'll be good to go", a wide and cheerful smile on his face.

"Will you join us, I'm sure there's enough to go around", I ask trying to get her to stay.

Knowing her, she'll just lock herself in the room for the remainder of the evening.

"Nah, I'll just head out to eat, Thai isn't my jam", she replied dumping the remainder of the broken glass in the garbage.

I watch her for a long moment, not able to accept that. She's leaving again, my hands ball into fists at my sides. My knuckles turning white as I try to maintain my frustration of my predicament.

I finally got back on good terms with Sam and as soon as I do, Dylan shows up with Thai and now she wants to leave. A ball forms in my throat, I decide not to comment. It'll only have her know how hurt I am of her decision.

Grabbing a bottle of wine out of the cupboard, I make my way to the dining room where Dylan has started setting the food.

"Now we're talking", he chimes seeing me with a bottle of wine in hand.

I smile at him, though it's a little forced he doesn't seem to notice my current mood.