21. Just A Dream

Sorry for not posting yesterday. Was battling a migraine all day, couldnt get anything done😣😣
Anyway, it's not much but I hope you all enjoy. I promise it gets better...welll 👀 yh ✌

Kate's POV

It's now the weekend. I haven't been able to really go through the events that have happened between Sam and I over the past few days. 

I think we're good now. Still not as close as before, but we're making progress. Maybe we can do something today. Already excited about the idea, I make my way to her room.

"Sam", I call out completely forgetting to knock before entering. 

She's totally glazed with sweat as she continues her sets of pull ups. 

"Sam", I try again. 

Then I notice the headphones she has on, no doubt they're at max volume. I'll just wait until she's done. I plop myself in her bed. 

Ughh, how long is she going to be doing this. I've been watching her for five minutes now, doing 20 pull ups and 20 push ups. I roll on my side, my back now towards her. At the same time I hear a door click. I can't believe this entire time she hasn't once turned around. 

The sound of the shower fills the room. I have nothing better to do right now, so I'll just stay here and wait. I stare at the door deep in thought, of what, I'm not exactly sure myself.

Having my face buried in the sheets, the scent of Sam fills my senses. I remember the times I would cry over my break ups to her. We would lay in this bed with her comforting me and wiping away my tears. Long nights where we would watch romcom for hours. I don't remember exactly when, but I fell asleep waiting. 

Warm water cascades down my head, making its way to the rest of my body.

"Kate", a familiar voice whispers.

I turn around to see Sam, her hair and face wet. Water droplets caught by her thick eyelashes, her eyes turning a dark shade of blue. My heart beat quickens as she nears closer to me, as we're now exchanging breaths.

Her gaze moves down following the slow and steady trace of her finger moving up my arm, sending shivers down my spine. She looks at my lips and back at me as her lips grow even closer to me. 

"Kate", she whispers again. 

 My eyes open, thank the heavens it was only a crazy dream. 

Sam's finally out of the bathroom and sitting beside me only wrapped in a towel and her hair still wet.

"Kate you okay, your sweating", Sam gesters to my face and neck. 

"Y-yeah.. I'm okay just a crazy...dream is all", I say quickly getting out of the bed.

"Some dream, you were talking in your sleep or more like moaning", she laughed a bit. 

Oh my god, I could literally die right now. 

"So did you want to talk about something", she asks.

"Umm yeah let's talk out there I'll leave so you can get dressed", I said quickly leaving her room. 

Calm down Katelyn, deep breaths. Why am I dreaming about my friend like that. A few minutes later Sam joins me on the couch where I was, flipping through channels on the TV. 

"Ok so whats up", she says throwing her weight in the couch. 

She decided to wear a red beaters and calvin klein sweatpants, an improvement to what she had on a few minutes ago.

"I..was thinking we should go out tonight. You can bring some of your friends along and make it a group thing", I suggested. 

She scratches the back of her head, "I guess we can do something, I'll just have to ask the boys".

I scream in excitement and hug her, "Perfect, and I'll bring Dylan". 

"Great", she drawled, dripping with sarcasm. 

"Don't be like that Sam, Dylan's not a bad guy". 

"So... have any idea on where we're going", she asks dropping the topic.

To be totally honest this is as far as I've gotten with the idea. 

"Umm no that's more your scene than mine", I pointed out.

"How so", she asks raising an eyebrow at me. 

"You work at a bar don't you". 

She thought for a second.  

"Touche", she says tossing a banana chip into the air, failing to catch it with her mouth. 

It fell right on her head and onto the ground, I laughed at that.